Setting out Pop-up Blinds..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Migabby

Setting out Pop-up Blinds..

Post by Migabby »

How early do ya'll set out your pop-up blinds before the season? and Why?

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
lscha

Re: Setting out Pop-up Blinds..

Post by lscha »

I actually set mine up for turkey season and liked the spot so much I left it there and will use it for deer season. They should be used to it by then, eh?

I check on it every week or so. It's doing good and lots of tracks around it.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
secret

Post by secret »

I set mine up 45min before legal shooting. never leave mine out overnight[or it would be gone].reason why......winds change ...deer change travel paths.....sneak attack works every time. In PA you are Not allowed to Brush blinds in..so...if you going to beat a buck in his livingroom you might want to surprise him. i seen more deer walk towards me than away.[downwind set up] most blinds have that multiflora rose bush look, i use that profile to my advantage.While hunting turkeys in the middle of a 500yd grass[4"] field, i noticed that deer just like turkeys had no fear of camo ,profile. they where quite curios infact.no noise no movement lets go check it out! i did notice that farmers that rolled hay bails out in the middle of fields that very day deer came and checked them out. one of my very best spots is right where there used to be a jagger bush patch in the middle of a hay field. the farmer cut the brush away, i still set up like that brush is there, the deer come just like they used too!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I set mine up a couple of weeks before opening day and leave it till archery season is over.That leaves it up about six weeks.I was lazy one year and left it up all of gun season too.It had the famous "pink" tone to it and was not in such good shape.I dont think that sun rain and wind are their buddies! We are fortunate in that we are on private land and dont have to worry about them growing legs.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I'm in the same boat as Secret. Welcome to PA !, (I guess) This will be my 1st year using the blind and the most I will do is leave it up overnight. All the property I hunt is private land but, huntable land here is VERY limited. Once the season opens everyone develops "Sign Blindness" There has been times where I left my Climber out for a day or two, come back to not finding it at the bottom of my tree. The best part was it wasn't at the bottom, it was at the top with some Jack-off in it!
"Ummmmm I guess ya want me to come down" :roll:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have mine still sitting where it was last Dec. I leave it out all yr around, i leave the big window open & 2 small side windows are always closed.
Last edited by vixenmaster on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

My #1 blind (at the feeder/food plot) has been out for about 10 years now.
(actually the 3rd blind in the same location, and I'm due to replace it again this year)
The weather takes a toll, but the game totally ignores it now that I painted the exterior of the windows black so it looks the same with the windows open or closed.
It's in the background of this pic.
feeder.JPG
I also store a couple buckets of corn for the feeder in it, so the game is used to my scent trail going from the paths in to the blind and the feeder.
wabi