Tell me about your Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tim50

Tell me about your Equinox

Post by Tim50 »

I am looking at a like new Equinox 225 draw. I currently shot an Exocet 200 so I am assuming the 225 will not be an issue. I will have a chance to handle/shot it before I buy. What are some impressions of the Equinox? Any draw backs to the 225? Any issues? Good or bad! All I have done with my Exocet is cock & shoot and repete no issues at all. Any input would be appreciated. Thnks to all!!
one shot scott

Re: Tell me about your Equinox

Post by one shot scott »

Whats your reason for the switch? Is it the thumbhole stock, or is the price too hard to resist on the equinox?
Ive had the equinox and liked it, but settled on a version of the exocet because of longer serving life and its less effort to cock while target shooting.

Both bows are equally accurate!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

The only thing I would caution about the thumbhole stock is at least for me, in order to take the safety off I had to take my finger off the trigger, and that I didn't like, so I ended up going with a Exomax as a result. But either way, it's a great bow!
Big John

Post by Big John »

Extremely nice Bows!! :) Shot them many, many times. 3D and Hunting. It is a sweet shooting bow.
There are no negative things I can say about them. Except that due to my health now, I cant have one. :(
Get it and enjoy!! :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I shoot the Equinox and their is nothing not to like about it is the flattest shooting and has enough energy for the quartering away shots or the large game like elk , bear,moose ect .
It seems every one who shoots the lesser weight bows think they are serving monsters but I can reserve a string in about ten minutes so it is not a issue.
I do have a crankaroo I use more because of my short height than any thing and it makes shooting and cocking very easy with little effert.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I just posted a new thread about my hunting partner dryfiring a new Equinox. Although he was a little embarrassed, the bow was fine. We shot for about another hour and he put up some beautiful groups, all the way out to 60 yards.
I shoot the Exomax but was delighted to put a few arrows through his Equinox and must say that the Thumbhole stock is nice to work with.
In the Wind.......
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I shoot the Equinox with 500 grain alumimun arrows and it shoots great.
I have no problems with serving and like Gerald says 10 minutes and you have a brand new serving. Had the 200 lb. and 225 . Sold the 200 kept the 225. :mrgreen:
Tenn.

Equinox
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

I will be keeping my Exocet...I am in the market for another bow and I may be able to get this loaded up Equinox on a good deal! Good point about the safety...I will have to check that out! Thanks for the input you guys are the best!!!