Camo Dip kit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Camo Dip kit

Post by Hoss »

well I broke down and got me one. It just came in... It seems reasonably easy but for a deer ropin redneck we will have to see.lol..I will keep you posted Im going to go try...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
munch

Re: Camo Dip kit

Post by munch »

can't wait to see hoss i've been reading a lot about them on A T the guys say they work good .what was the price if i can ask
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wabi

Post by wabi »

Doin' yer truck????
Just throw the kit in the pond & drive yer truck through. :roll: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

I've seen those over on AT and read the whole thread and watched the videos on it. Seems like it should work pretty well. I've been debating getting one of the kits and doing my brown Vixen, but the more I think about it the more I like the brown and they don't make the brown any more. Post some pictures of the stuff you do and how well you like it. Interesting stuff.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

It cost 99 bucks.... I got the prep done which seems to be the most important-----Isnt it always---Ive got to go check a trotline in the morn and when I get back i will dip the first piece and try to get some pics up..

Wabi thats funny....The kit uses base coat auto paint to start with so I was wondering about that...lol..
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ok I did my small thermos you can see it on my desk it was like black speckeled. This is what you get in the kit...

I prep just like they said and got it ready to dip...

I cut my camo film and got my dip tank ready..

Here it is outside drying off before satin coat, notice how dull it appears..

Here is the finished product.

. Im pleased with it..alot of prep work but it is pretty dang cool to dip your own stuff. My next will be my 30-30 stock and forearm..
I did everything like the instructions said and it turned out great..it seems to be durable too.my first try at it. It kinda streaked because I dipped to fast. I need to go slower next time..
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Nice job Hoss. Looks Great.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Very cool!
I didn't realize you could use small portions at a time, I thought once you stated you had to keep dipping, nice to know!
Am I gonna be the first guy to do a full body immersion for turkey season?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Pydpiper wrote:Very cool!
I didn't realize you could use small portions at a time, I thought once you stated you had to keep dipping, nice to know!
Am I gonna be the first guy to do a full body immersion for turkey season?

I'll try it on one of the kids first. Just have to wait til the wife goes out or she'll wonder what i am up to out in the hot tub.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

well let me tell you I figured out real quick why they sent the gloves....I cant stand wearing gloves it drives me crazy..well I camod my hand and I had to take a scrub brush to my hand to get it off.....

Heads up on something I learned...........make sure the dipping container is big enough..when you spray the activater on the film---The film exspandes alot...

as soon as you pull the dipped part out it feels slimy thats normal..I thought when i touched it i was moving the film off the part..I was wrong..it sticks good. Take your part to the Hot water and rinse lightly rubbing is what I did and the slick came right off..the instructions say get the shinny or slick off or the film wont adhere correctly..

Now i need to go get my trail cams---thats what i got the dip for..
TYE

Post by TYE »

NewGuy wrote: I'll try it on one of the kids first. Just have to wait til the wife goes out or she'll wonder what i am up to out in the hot tub.
OMG! HAHAHA :lol:
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

That's funny Hoss!!! I read that about your hand and my wife asked what was so funny and when I showed her your post she told me I couldn't have one of those kits lol. Love the thermos, looks great. Got to get one of those kits. Thanks for posting.
jaclinto

Post by jaclinto »

Awesome job on the camo dipping - here is the main site for those interested:

www.camodipkit.com
Dash

Post by Dash »

Very effective, looks great.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

wabi wrote:Doin' yer truck????
Just throw the kit in the pond & drive yer truck through. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Now that right there is funny wabi!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thermos looks good Hoss now just don't sit it down while hunting in the woods or you may not find it.
A friend that I work with bought a kit too a while back and nows he's camo-ing stuff for all kinds of folks. You name it, flashlights, lamps, gun stocks, car parts and his crossbow.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads