First deer pic on my property!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Re: First deer pic on my property!

Post by crazyfarmer »

raydaughety wrote:When I was in my teens I'd burnt it for ya so it wouldn't get to the streets and the kids......... Just kidding, I took a toke or two off of a dubbie in my day but I never inhaled it :D .

thats what we did... 42mil up in smoke;) HAHAHAHA
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeet ! .... looks like a hunting haven !

Looks like you picked a beauty spot Don !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

Things are looking up on the deer front Don. But be wary of those pot growers, they can be very nasty.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Norlander wrote:Things are looking up on the deer front Don. But be wary of those pot growers, they can be very nasty.
I hear ya! LOL! A fair number of SS109s end up into my back field where the coppers removed the pot so I'm not so sure they want that field anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

There's nothing like a good amount of ordnance downrange to deter trespassers of the green thumb variety. :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Uh-oh Don, found this on Drudge today, was thinking of you.
[borrowed]

Police said Wednesday they were astonished to find at least 14 wild black bears guarding an illegal marijuana growing operation after a recent raid on the property in westernmost Canada.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sergeant Fred Mansveld said police believe two growers arrested in the raid had used dog food to lure the animals onto the remote property in southeastern British Columbia, to deter marijuana thieves.

Police commonly find dogs, human guards or booby-traps on Canadian marijuana growing operations or "grow-ops." In comparison, these bears did a very poor job as guard animals when five policemen arrived.

"They were tame, they just sat around watching... at one point one of the bears climbed onto the hood of a police car, sat there for a bit and then jumped off," said Mansveld.

He said the officers involved in the July 30 raid were all familiar with wild animals, and while wary, were not afraid of the bears once they realized the animals were not aggressive.

Black bears are common throughout Canada, and except in the cases of mothers with cubs, usually live solitary lives in the wilderness. It is against provincial law to feed them.

By feeding them, said Dave Webster, a conservation officer with the provincial government who launched an investigation of the case on Wednesday, the marijuana growers delivered "a death sentence for the wild animals."

Webster told AFP "tame" bears are dangerous, because once they?re fed they commonly seek out other people, frequently destroy property, and in very rare cases attack or even kill people.

"If a bear is deemed to be a safety risk and is habituated to human food and not able to feed itself in the wild, it will be destroyed," he explained.

Police, citizens or conservation officers kill untold hundreds of so-called "nuisance" bears annually throughout Canada.

"It's killing animals by kindness," said Mansveld. "It?s terrible, a real shame."
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

In case some of you think Dan is ribbing me.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le1677785/
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Me??? Rib You??? Au contraire mon frere!! [Been a long time since I took French in le ecole secondaire, heh heh.]

watch your back!

On second thought, yeah, I'd rib ya!!

trans: Mon frere= buddy, le ecole secondaire= high school.

Boo= priceless, even w/ unfounded fear of Ar black bears. Lord knows, they've evaded me for about 7 yrs, what's the odds of them bothering him in Feb?

[Can't day 'hibernation' en francais.] =[In French]
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

awshucks wrote:
Boo= priceless, even w/ unfounded fear of Ar black bears. Lord knows, they've evaded me for about 7 yrs, what's the odds of them bothering him in Feb?

[Can't day 'hibernation' en francais.] =[In French]
Ha!
http://www.enotes.com/topic/List_of_fat ... _by_decade
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Keep an eye out Boo, those potheads are gonna be mad at you! Put a trailcam or two around your place for a while, they may be the vengeful type.

Back to business now. Nice that you're seeing deer. Show us a rack soon I hope.
In the Wind.......
phil

Post by phil »

Ok...just wondering...when these deer eat the pot plants....do they get high? :? ...i imagine they might respond to bait fairly well then once they get the munchies??? :)
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Sounds like the bears were chllin', and why not?? They were at the picnic not for your average teddy bear. :mrgreen:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
KBW

Post by KBW »

crazyfarmer wrote:excellent picture:)

our county just had the largest pot bust in state history also;) 14000 plants values at 42million dollars :lol: seems the good stuff is growing everywhere these days

full story

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-northern- ... 0992.story
FREE THE WEED !!! IT'S THE ONLY THING TO DO
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE