See4miles

Re: EPA Considering Ban on Traditional Ammunition

Post by See4miles »

Never happen!
In the Wind.......
Bones

Post by Bones »

Gun control in Canada ,ammo control in the U.S.A what's next? crazy!!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

are these idiots aware of the very bad side effects that banning guns, ammo and hunting will bring to the surface with over population of animals that "WILL" bring disease to the human population...we all know hunting is there next item on the chopping block if ammo is banned....do they really think they are that safe in there little bubble of life if they stop everything they don't believe in :shock: ....OMG can we all just have a chance to slap these bozo's upside the head with a 2 x 4 :roll: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

I really don't believe letters to congressmen/women are going to matter a hill of beans. The EPA can operate by fiat, without congress. They do already.

Furthermore, the state of California has now banned all lead bullets from a large swath of that state's territory. And why? To protect the California Condor from lead poisoning.

1. Find an endangered species, or declare a certain species endangered. If it's a carnivore or scavanger, all the better.

2. Create a bogus study to suggest that such species might be ingesting toxic chemicals introduced by man.

3. Pretend to solicit input from citizens and give a time deadline for that input.

4. Go ahead and ban the chemical anyway, even if public objection is great, and thereby control the desired target industry. In this case, firearms!
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Liberal social-engineering at its finest.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

While that's a bummer for several reasons, there are alternatives. Several companies (Barnes, Hornady) make all copper or gilding metal bullets that have NO lead in em. Both are available as components and pre-loaded ammo. Moreover, these bullets, while more expensive, outperform lead bullets by a wide margin for terminal performance. Their % ofweigh retension-even when shot at over 3,000 fps-is in the high 90s. Been loading Barnes for years and had 20 consecutive one shot kills in 5 chamberings....before taking up crossbows. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

First post here.
When they banned lead shot for waterfowl (which I agree with). They had to make bigger loads for the steel shot to be effective. In the mean time a few folks blew up shotguns with the higher pressure loads.

I have never brought down a goose with steel shot. you can hear the pellets bouncing off the animal. So now I don't bother goose hunting.

The EPA had a big deal about renovating older houses with lead paint and certifying renovators. After a big deal it was shelved, Or scaled back.

Sounds like people with to much time on there hands. Lead flashing in older houses, lead on old plumbing,lead solder in every appliiance in your home and the computers . Hmmm are they going to ban chewing on circuit board next!

But it is OK to shoot depleated uranium at the bad guys in other countries?

With Canuckistans longgun laws. That is why I bought a crossbow.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

jh45gun wrote:So I and many others are satisfied with LEAD. I cast my own bullets and am very satisfied with them. Also it is the only way I can afford to shoot a lot. Do you know what premium bullets would cost me for a caliber like 45/70? My cast loads are as accurate as I can hold you do not need premium all copper bullets to be accurate Lead has been proven since the flintlocks.
I hear ya, shoot a 45/70 too ('hand cannon' pistol). Didn't say lead wasn't any good just that there are alternatives-for when our elected officials get carried away-some that perform even better, not cheaper, just better. I'm thinking it's not unlike cigarettes, they will tax lead out of existence. e.g. butts now cost $11.00 a pack in New Your City~!.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

"Never happen" Right. Look whats in the white house, Can't get anymore anti gun !!!!! jmo
I am a hunter and proud of it.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

yep, itsa shame ain't it... i jus hope folks relize whats about to happen with this
country and stand against !!!!!!!!!!.

poor excuse we have in that job !!!

as long as some can sit on there ass and we pay them for sit'n on there ass,
it will continue. jus like the SOB's put a hold on the new imigration law here in alabama.... ifin you not from this land, be gone !!! and don't let tha door hit ya in your sorry, no account dead ass !!!!!!!!!!
thats all i gotsta say bout that :twisted:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I live and hunt in California where the use of lead ammo is banned. They claim they are trying to protect the California Condors. The other scavenger birds seem to have no trouble reproducing or surviving??? I was at a big game exotic hunting ranch recently and shot a yak with a 300 wsm at 184 yards using lead free Barnes triple shock. I hit the yak 3 times. One was a gut shot, one was a double lung, then the third was a little high above the double lung. The poor critter was still alive and I was out of ammo. The guide finished it off with a .280 remington. I inspected both the entry and exit hole on all 3 shots. It looked like I got very little expansion. I have talked to other hunters in the area that complain of the same thing.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

we can all have our "SAY" next election, that,s all the rascals ever hear, and I,m am greatly lookin forward to it :wink:
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

At this point I don't reload, and my ammo is over 3 dollars per shot. I know the 300 wsm ammo is more expensive than others, but I could get much cheaper ammo to hunt with if lead was allowed.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

i'll tell yall right now.... they'd havta pry molds, furnace and ingots from my cold dead hands !!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

jh45gun wrote:EPA Considering Ban on Traditional Ammunition: ACT NOW!!
...let them pry it from my dead cold fingers