Bolt fletching question...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Northwoods

Bolt fletching question...

Post by Northwoods »

I got my Easton Power Bolt shafts...they came with flo green plastic flat caps (loose). Is std fletching cement OK for gluing in the caps? :?
sumner4991

Re: Bolt fletching question...

Post by sumner4991 »

I do not glue my plastic nocks. I just push them into the shaft. In all my shooting, I've only had one to pop out.

To answer your question, yes, the standard fletching glue will work.

I find it better to do without the glue. If I want an insert out, I can easily take the nock out, then insert a drill bit and flip the drill bit toward the insert. The drill bit slides inside the shaft and will hit with considerable force. It will hammer the insert until it breaks loose and comes out. Just sling it in a safe direction. :)

The other thing . . .I've nicked several nocks. They are very easy to replace with new ones when they are not glued into place. Remember, the plastic is easy to break via nicking it. I usually do not shoot at the same spot. However, here lately, just for fun . . .I like to see how many arrows I can place in a small square without touching them. I try to place them 1/2" apart, but, sometimes I pull a shot. :P
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Help
I just got an Axiom and new to this. I thought the nocks were a no-no. I didn't get any with the kit.

Do I need them?

What does FOC mean? Can't think of what is means but will do the Homer thing when I find out.

Thanks in advance
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Excaliber crossbows are to be shoot with a flat cap where the string touches the bolt this is the nock. if you are shooting Excaliber fire bolts they use a insert for the rear nock which can except a threaded arrow puller.
FOC means front of center referring to the balance of the arrow bolts shoot best more weight up front compared to arrows because the short length requires more leverage so to speak for lack of better terminology.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.