Excalibur marketing dude

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Excalibur marketing dude

Post by M&M »

Who makes Excaliburs scopes? I have asked this question before but have not gotten an answer. you can have the best crossbow out there, and I think you do, but if you put substandard unreliable optics on it, it will not perform up to its full potential, or at least continue to consistantly perform at a high level, and isn't that what we all want? I am sorry if you are upset by this post but high quality and high level of performance is what I demand and that is why I chose my excalibur exocet so I can't understand why you skimp on scope quality
M&M
Hazmat

Re: Excalibur marketing dude

Post by Hazmat »

My Varizone scope works fine for me, but I did notice that the box it came in said made in China!
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Our scopes do come from off-shore much like all optics out there these days. I do the warranty for our company and all of our scopes have performed excellent over the years and our warranty returns compared to how many we sell is around 1% which is excellent. For the low cost of these scopes plus the lifetime warranty they offer incredible value to our customers. Not to mention our scopes can be used on any crossbow due to our unique arrow velocity adjustment and our multiplex system is another great feature.

Granted, there are very good optics out there for the price of a new Equinox but most of our consumers are not interested in spending that kind of money. If people want $1000 scopes we would be pleased to sell them one!

Thanks for your input.

Peter
M&M

Post by M&M »

why don't you just say your not interested in offering a better product a 1000 bucks for a scope is ridiculous a much better scope could be had for far less but certainly not 100
M&M
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

why don't you just say your not interested in offering a better product a 1000 bucks for a scope is ridiculous a much better scope could be had for far less but certainly not 100
What is the problem you are having with our scopes? We have very few people complaining. We are always interested in making better product, if we get a demand for a more expensive scope we will build it but so far nobody but you is asking. What do you want in a scope that we currently don't offer???

Peter
M&M

Post by M&M »

dependability. I am on my third varizone scope. the first one foged up internally on my second hunt so bad I could not see through it and yes it was replaced and I finished that season and the next with that scope and then the next season it would not hold zero and it was replaced. yes you do have a waranty but I want dependability that its gonna continue to function properly in the field neither of these scopes were abused or droped. If the current varizone goes bad I will not replace it with another I will use something else I just cant understand why you don't demand the same level of quality and performance from your scopes as you do your crossbows which are excellent
M&M
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about your problems but your experience is not typical. You have had a run of bad luck and I understand your frustration but this does not happen to everybody. If it did we would be out of the scope business! If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact me directly, we'll do what it takes to make you happy.

Peter
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

I would second the request for dependability. I'm not looking for higher price glass. The glass in your scopes is far more than I require for a short range shot. The problem begins when the mechanics; fogging, poi change for no reason, impacting my confidence with the bows ability to hit where aimed. I can take responsibility for shooter error, I can't control the unexpected events with the scopes. Excalibur does stand behind their products. I fully agree with this. To me a lifetime warranty should give me confidence in the product, and the company offering the warranty. It shouldn't be validation for the problems identified. 2 Varizones and likely 3 Lumizones later........I can take any of my rifles out that have sub $200 scopes and I am confident that I will be on the same mark as prior to putting them in the cabinet. I can't say that for the Varizone or Lumizone.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

There is merit to these comments.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Guys there are plenty of scopes out there if you want to spend more money.
I am no marketing Genius but I would have to say the scopes offered by Excalibur allow it to stay competitive in the marketplace.
Giving the consumer a good product at a fair price and a Warranty that says it all.
As far as where they are made what isn't made in China.

JMO
Tenpoint Matrix
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

As a fairly new Excalibur owner, I did a lot of research before buying mine. One of the largest negatives I found on the Internet and talking to others were the Excalibur scopes. It made me wonder time and time again as to why their scopes were not on par with the quality of their crossbows.

Excalibur Marketing Dude, I'm not sure if you folks at Excalibur browse the Internet to see what type of reputation you have. If you would, I think you'd quickly see that there are a lot of Excalibur owners not happy with their scopes. For example, just take a look at the Lumi-zone at Cabelas. It has a 3.1 rating out of 13 reviews. I don't know about anyone else, but if something has a 3.1 rating I usually shy away in favor of something a little more reliable.

Just saying, you Excalibur folks should be checking on a lot of other hunting forums to see what is being said about your scopes and the quality of them.

Knock on wood I haven't had a problem with my Axiom and I hope I never do. But the reputation of your scopes have prevented me from buying one and I'm currently looking at Vortex and Hawke scopes.

I for one would have no problem dropping $200 or more for a good quality scope that I knew would be reliable for years to come.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

OkX wrote: I for one would have no problem dropping $200 or more for a good quality scope that I knew would be reliable for years to come.
Personally I haven't had a problem with the Excalibur scopes. I suppose I must be one of the lucky ones. I do however own a Hawke Crossbow SR in camo, and love it.

Just a suggestion.
If you don't like the Excaliburs, take a look at the Hawke Crossbow SR. which sells for approx. $165 Cdn.(on eBay) for the camo version, the black is a bit less expensive.
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/crossbow/ ... sights.php

It is smaller and lighter than the Varizone, can be illuminated either red or green. It uses circles (which cover a 2" target at the respective ranges) instead of chevrons to enable multi-distance shooting. It's multi-crosshairs can be used to estimate range. Its finger adjustable and resettable turrets are 1/2" M.O.A. (that's 5 clicks to move the POI 1/2" at 20 yds.)

If you can afford to spend a bit more, check out the Hawke XB30. In addition to having similiar features as the SR, it is speed adjustable (210-360 fps) and comes with a double screw one piece mount
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/crossbow/xb30/index.php
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I will admit my ignorance as far as scopes are concerned. But from that post Comfy Bear, the hawke Xb30 is comparable to a lumizone, what with the speed adjust and illumination... granted it has some other nicer features. But at a higher price than a lumizone.

My take from this: Excalibur offers a decent scope for the money. For those who require more from a scope there are more expensive after market options.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
M&M

Post by M&M »

I would still like to know who makes the varizone scopes
M&M
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

It's no secret that we had a terrible problem with the lumi scope over the last two years. In 08 our Chinese supplier decided to drop the quality of the components to keep from increasing our price without telling us, and we shipped thousands out before we found out the problem. In the ensuing nightmare virtually 100% of the owners of these scopes had problems and we sent back the rest of the shipment and backordered customers while we tried to help the people who were stuck with the bad scopes. By now most have been replaced, but the damage to our reputation and to the Lumizone name goes on. The new Lumis are great, and warranty with them is about the same as the Varizone, around 1% or so.
Yup, we could go to another supplier for better quality, but NO good middle priced options exist and pricepoint for the next grade up will be $400-$600 or more. Other than you guys there really aren't many people out there who are detailed and devoted enough to buy that. Our scopes also have to be sold as packages with the crossbows, about 85% of our bows are bought as kits. Can you imagine what the price of the kit would be if Leopold or Zeiss made our scope? We'd be broke in a month!
Bottom line, our scopes are good quality, great design, and a reasonable price. I'm proud to sell them and although I'm hearing lots of complaints in the forum today our warranty rate is quite low. How could we survive if we had to warrant virtually all our scopes the way some are claiming?
In the end I suppose that with a phone call I could get a Zeiss or Swarovski to put on my crossbow, but when I hunt all over the world it's only a Varizone you'l see on my personal crossbow. It's good enough for me.........Bill