firebolt ware

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

firebolt ware

Post by gerald strine »

I was inspecting my firebolts today and noticed that were they ride the rail their is very noticeable ware marks on the nock end about 1 inch long starting at the insert on both sides of the Fletch but always longer on the same side on every bolt. I always put the same cock feather in the channel as a habit. Is this a safety issue ? Do carbon bolts just wear out?
Am I the only one with this issue?
With the uneven wear I thought I may have a limb issue or perhaps string.
Thanks
Jerry
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Re: firebolt ware

Post by vixenmaster »

Mine wear on both alum. & carbon. Its the arrow retainer spring pushing down on arrow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Since you brought it up, I went and checked my arrows. I too always put the same colored vane down and I have wear on the left side about a half inch from the nock end down.

Doesn't look like much at this time. I do more damage to my arrows by seeing how tight of groups my Excalibur can shoot! :mrgreen:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Shouldn't be a problem but remember, you shoot a flat nock and a specific cock feather is not required. Load your arrows with any feather or vane down to minimize the wear in one area, really doesn't matter.
In the Wind.......
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

That's why I stopped cresting my arrows with lacquer, kept getting wear marks in it. It's not a problem structurally. You may want to check if there are any rough edges at the junction of barrel with trigger group and riser that's contributing to the wear. Smooth with fine emery paper if so.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!