Deer Attractants

Post by Ottawa Valley Lad »

What is every one using?

Any product to stay away from?
TPM

Re: Deer Attractants

Post by TPM »

Any product to stay away from?
Ya, any product containing deer urine. It's now illegal in Ontario.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

they are illegal but stores are allowed to sell them this year ...which doesn't make a lot of sense ....never had too much luck with them ...but did have luck with a smoking stick a few years back and had a buck walk by it....
Ottawa Valley Lad

Thanks so far, but I guess I should have been more specific.

Looking for feedback on the likes of C'Meer Deer and Buck Jam etc. Edible attractants
dreamer

Post by dreamer »

I hear there is a new product out there but Rack Stacker called
"Fixation"

100% legal and from what I've been told it works good. :P
watamach

Post by watamach »

For pictures with my game cameras I use Deer Cane - I use the powder that mixes 2 sites ($12 avg at the store) It lasts about 2 months and they dig it up. I will take a picture next time I go in to check cameras. I had 92 pictures in 7 days with my latest mineral spot (it was only 2 weeks old) I have used deer cane on different farms with the same positive results every time. Tried TSC sweet blocks and they were terrible for me.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I found C'mere deer to be a waste of money. But thats the thing about attractants, what may work in the Ottawa valley for you may not work for me here. Trial and error im afraid. In the end its hard to beat apples or whole corn.

Good luck!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

I heard the same thing about urine products! A question that hasn't been answered for me yet is if I can use the urine from an animal that I harvest? Anyone out there hear a ruling on this?
Ottawa Valley Lad

kurisu wrote:I heard the same thing about urine products! A question that hasn't been answered for me yet is if I can use the urine from an animal that I harvest? Anyone out there hear a ruling on this?
No you can't use it under the new law in ontario
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I would avoid things with more than 40% salt. It's not good for deer to have that much salt in there diet. I use Lucky Buck, and Heartland Antler Magic with good success as far as a mineral attractent. I will say mineral based attractents loose there power to attract buck as the year goes on. Once they are out of velvet they just don't hit them as hard, as when in velvet. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

According to my unscientific nose, C'mere Deer Liquid smells exactly like cane syrup!!! I have diluted a bottle of the cheapest table syrup I could find in warm water and compared it to C'mere Deer. My cameras indicate the results are identical. My wallet indictes very different results.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
KBW

Post by KBW »

one shot scott wrote:I found C'mere deer . But thats the thing about attractants, what may work in the Ottawa valley for you may not work for me here. Trial and error im afraid. In the end its hard to beat apples or whole corn.

Good luck!
C'mere deer is a waste of money :x get some carrots @ apples C'mere deer is GARBAGE :lol:
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
KBW

Post by KBW »

one shot scott wrote:I found C'mere deer to be a waste of money . But thats the thing about attractants, what may work in the Ottawa valley for you may not work for me here. Trial and error im afraid. In the end its hard to beat apples or whole corn.

Good luck!
C'mere deer is a waste of money :x get some carrots @ apples C'mere deer is GARBAGE :lol:
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
DanO

Post by DanO »

Corn works great once the crops are off and the snow is on the ground. Too much choice for me to bother baiting now. I'll let the farmers bait for me.
:D
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

According to the Angler & Hunter Hotline found in Ontario out of Doors "an unforseen delay in implementing the regulation has provided retailers with the necessary lead time that OFAH argued for
in the first place , with the ban to likely take effect in 2011." p.11 of the supplement.

So what is the true state of affairs? Can we or can we not use deer part attractants this year?

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)