Target Help!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nut@Rock

Target Help!!

Post by Nut@Rock »

I purchased a Excalibur Equinox a couple of months ago. I sighted it in with the field points that were in package it came with. I have now put on the boltcutter broadpoints on the bolts that I also purchased. Problem I have is what target to shoot at. I have a Yellowjacket F/P Crossbow Target that I have been using with the F/P. I'm afraid the boltcutters are going to destroy it when I sight in. Other than shooting thru a cardboard target into a sandpit is there anything else I can shoot into?

V/R John Harwood
vixenmaster

Re: Target Help!!

Post by vixenmaster »

Rhineheart 18-1 is very good BH target
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I shot my broadheads (slick tricks) into my Rhineheart 18-1 and for the very first time, The arrow came out with the broadhead broken :shock: . I love the target and have been shooting it for 2 years now and I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this but I plan on calling them tomorrow to see what could have made this happen. That said, Vixenmaster is correct in that the Rhineheart 18-1 is one tough target with a 1 year guarantee.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I shoot broadheads thru my block.I shot my spitfires into it and after the 3rd one it went completely thru it but the good news is they fly just like a FP.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i use the red/white/blue block of styrofoam from walmart for BH shooting to see how they shoot....its only 17 bucks and plain ol white styrofoam you get in boxes of electronics from the store....it is 10" thick x 24" x 24" with targets on all 4 sides so you can switch it up before blowing through it :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

vixenmaster wrote:Rhineheart 18-1 is very good BH target
x 3 for the rhineheart 18-1

just picked one up last week and it is the first target where I can easily pull carbon arrows out of.

After shooting carbon arrows into the styrofoam blocks this is nice. No residue left on the arrows either.

A little pricey but I figure it will pay for itself in no time since I shoot quite a bit.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

I'm on my second 18 in one Rinehart. The first one lasted nearly five years!

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
Philzleads

Post by Philzleads »

I'll use anything that doesn't bury the fletchings at 30yds. This one works, but with this Vortex, at 20yds the fletchings get wrinkled. Oh and you will need two hands and your Wheaties to pull out the bolt.

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/99959/reviews.htm
Vortex
Boo String
Groundpounder
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

I have 2 targets one is a Yellow Jacket Supreme for field points the other is a foam style Block from Gander Mountain for Braodheads about 39.95 their brand'

Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

I use a layered target, cabela's brand because I caught it on sale cheap, it's basiclly the same as any other layered targets I've seen no matter what brand it is. It takes both f/p and b/h nice, but I have worn out the center of it and it's not more than 8 months old... No matter where I hit it the bolt go in almost to the vanes,and if you are using boltcutters I can tell you they do in fact shoot just like the f/p, good luck and safety first...
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2