Nap Quickfletch on a firebolt!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curtisgreen110683

Nap Quickfletch on a firebolt!!!

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

I was very leary to put these to work with my one string kllin machine but I figured it couldn't hurt to doll up the bolts I had already shot the vanes off of so I went ahead and tried em out and in my opinion they shot just as good as the firebolts did with the original 4'' vanes from the factory. In addition, these are clean and easy to put on,and I imagine they shouldn't be to bad to take off. Now one thing I am concerned about is how they will hold up in the event of a pass through shot. I won't really mind because I'll be doing the back strap boogie and these things are 6pcs. for $20 at my local outdoor store... I shot them into the middle(By middle I mean depth not poi) of my layered target and it didn't seem to hurt them at all. I did notice that they hum in flight just a little bit, probably due to the molded lip(very small) on the tip of all three vanes to make it spin faster. I honestly don't think the deer, turkey, yote, and various other quadrupeds I barrel down on will mind. To each is own, I like them and will probably continue to replace damaged vanes with these instead of the traditional 4" vanes. The ease of using these things I think are what I like the most, just place on bolt and dip in boiling water... Nice! If anybody has tips, suggestions or if there is other products like this that work better let me know... 15 days til season here in Ohio, good luck to all and be safe!!!
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
sumner4991

Re: Nap Quickfletch on a firebolt!!!

Post by sumner4991 »

Good review. They look good.

I personally like a clean arrow. I even scrap off the Easton label. Boring, I know. :oops:

Thanks for the review.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
curtisgreen110683

May I ask why?
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

curtisgreen110683 wrote:May I ask why?
Can't answer for Sumner, but I do the same w/ acetone on new GT shafts. If you even touch the labels w/ acetone rag, they fade some, interfere w/ cresting, just end up looking worse than a bare shaft.

Think Sax uses those Quick spins and really stacks the deer up.
"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Same as awshucks. They wear off along the rail as you shoot them. They also weigh a little and that little bit of weight is on the wrong end of the arrow. So, it hurts your FOC slightly. I see no benefits in the label other than advertisment.

It's all in my head. . .I can't stop.

Funny . . .none of the adjustments I made to my bow(set-up) really makes a big difference in the performance of the bow. However, in my head, I feel like the total of all the little things makes a little difference. Hopefully, enough to make a shot when I need it.

Bottom line is . . .it's all in my head. Right off the shelf, the Exomax is deadly. Sure is fun playing around, regardless. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

awshucks wrote:
Can't answer for Sumner, but I do the same w/ acetone on new GT shafts. If you even touch the labels w/ acetone rag, they fade some, interfere w/ cresting, just end up looking worse than a bare shaft.

Think Sax uses those Quick spins and really stacks the deer up.

Are they both both Quickfleth and Quick Spins?
curtisgreen110683

If I'm not mistaken yes... Quickfletch, boil on application and they have the quickspin lip on the vanes.
whdahel

Post by whdahel »

I see that you are form NE Ohio, as I am also. Who is your local bow shop? Just looking for other places out there. I live in Northern Trumbull county.
curtisgreen110683

Kames in North Canton... I honestly prefer dealing with Larry down at the W.V. Cabela's archery dept... but when I need a quick fix I take the 10th minute drive to kames or Dicks in belden village (excalibur dealer) ... Larry at cabelas shoots a exomax and he really took good care of me when I bought my phoenix... what is your shop of choice?
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

sumner4991 wrote:
Funny . . .none of the adjustments I made to my bow(set-up) really makes a big difference in the performance of the bow. However, in my head, I feel like the total of all the little things makes a little difference. Hopefully, enough to make a shot when I need it.

Bottom line is . . .it's all in my head. Right off the shelf, the Exomax is deadly. Sure is fun playing around, regardless. :D
:lol: ROFLMAO...I'm the same way. I mean, geez, I'm chipping nocks off of my arrows when I'm shooting groups all the way out to 50 yards and I think I need to make it shoot tighter groups? It has to be some type of compulsive, recessive disorder!

Of course, I'm the same way with handloading, muzzle loading and even shooting my compound and recurve. I think there is always a better, more accurate method or component that I'm missing. :roll:

BTW, I'll be heading to Bass Pro this weekend to get me some of these QuikSpin Quikfletch to try them on my Laser II Kinetics....because you never know...they may be a tad more accurate than my 2" Blazer 2216's....

Where does it end?....
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
curtisgreen110683

I hope they work for ya, the package says they make tighter groups and I'm sold.... and as for where it ends, I hope it never does!
saxman

Post by saxman »

I'm begining to believe that at hunting ranges it doesn't much matter what vane you use.
I fletched these in just a few moments
And they shoot great ( the arrow on the right has a different broadhead)
but so do these
and these

put on what floats your boat and enjoy.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like they have a lot of offset. Should put plenty of spin on the arrow.
With broadheads that's a good thing. :wink:
wabi
KBW

Post by KBW »

sumner4991 wrote:
Same as awshucks. They wear off along the rail as you shoot them. They also weigh a little and that little bit of weight is on the wrong end of the arrow. So, it hurts your FOC slightly. I see no benefits in the label other than advertisment.

It's all in my head. . .I can't stop.

Funny . . .none of the adjustments I made to my bow(set-up) really makes a big difference in the performance of the bow. However, in my head, I feel like the total of all the little things makes a little difference. Hopefully,
enough to make a shot when I need it. :D
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
whdahel

Post by whdahel »

I have two shops that are close, one is called the Sports shop, and the other is called Autumn addiction. Both guys seem to be very nice. I have been going to the Sports shop for years, and have purchased a couple of guns off of him. Both are Excal dealers. If you know where Mosquito Lake is they are not to far away.