Vortex string to long??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shuey270

Vortex string to long??

Post by shuey270 »

I have had an Equinox for 2 years(love it).I bought my 12 year old a Vortex. The string is on the high brace mark and it seems that all the twist is out of the string. It' the standard excel string.I would like to get it down to inch and an eighth. We shot 75 shots or so out of it so far and it shoot good.any suggestions??
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
vixenmaster

Re: Vortex string to long??

Post by vixenmaster »

Put several twists back into the string, its not good on the untwisted strands. Then shoot it til it creeps down to yer wanted brace ht.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

If you have a serving jig you can stretch it out on that I bought two back up strings and have them pre stretched using my jig I would tighten it up and let it sit over night then give the hook bolts another full turn 24 hours later until you are where you want it.
Another way is to leave it cocked over night then shoot it and leave it cocked again until you get their but this is not a preferred method not as safe and hard on serving.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
strum

Post by strum »

Vix beat me to it i lost my post or somthing,,
I measured mine the high mark is just over 1 3/8" and the string is just below that line..i figgered i would shoot it a while and allow the string to do it thing then if it needs a twist ill give it one ..or two..
while we are on that subject ..I would think low would be louder and high would be a bit faster..what yall say?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
strum

Post by strum »

I said it wrong ..lower BH is faster and maybe louder..higher BH may shoot smoother.
Vix said what BOO says, twist it up and let it stretch ..
also you may be able to wax the whole string and warm it up by rubbing it good ..that may help speed the stretch up ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

shuey270 wrote:I have had an Equinox for 2 years(love it).I bought my 12 year old a Vortex. The string is on the high brace mark and it seems that all the twist is out of the string. It' the standard excel string.I would like to get it down to inch and an eighth. We shot 75 shots or so out of it so far and it shoot good.any suggestions??
g'day, l've had a couple of standard excel strings that sit after 50 or 60 shots just above the top brace line & started at 1/2 over the top brace line with a couple of twists & they dont move after that but it did'nt seem to do any harm & shot great. regards frank
]
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

the string doesn't seem like it stretched at all. It's been on the bow for 6 months and shot 80 times.
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
strum

Post by strum »

well i guess the only option it to try another string..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Is there a reason why to go to another string ? There isn't 3-4 fps diff between low brace & high brace !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315