Need help and info

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Yvonat

Need help and info

Post by Yvonat »

I just acquire an Exocet crossbow ( use ) . I like it , Hit the practice target with a good grouping of arrow ( field point ) , tried the hunting head and its all wrong , at 20 m my head was 25 cm on the left . change arrow and head with same result . I'm using a peep hole with fiber in the front , if I look at the fiber they are on the left side of the center of the arrow by almost 1/4" . When my crossbow is crank if I measure both side I got 48 cm on the left side and 46.5 cm on the right side should they be the same ? I'm using cranking rope , look like my arrow are leaving side-way on the left side . Any idea .

Yvonat
crazyfarmer

Re: Need help and info

Post by crazyfarmer »

not all bheads fly well or group the same as fieldtips.. thats why you have to buy a better grouping bhead or site the bow in for your bheads.

which bheads are you using??? If its grouping well with the fieldtips then its not the bow.
Yvonat

Post by Yvonat »

Thanks for the reply , I chime my right limb this morning and it brought the string back in the center of the rail at rest , crank I now got 47.5 cm on the left side and 47 cm on the right ,witch is better then before . field test result are , I'm good to finish moose hunting season for this year . the group of 5 arrow was within 4" at 30m compare to 18" at 20m before. The bheads and arrow I got came with the crossbow there 125g no name or # and 2216 EASTON . will look in better equip for next year . TY
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sounds like your string is off center when cocked. Easy way to check: put some white out on the serving on each side of rail at rest and then recheck once cocked by whatever method.
"Eze 18:21"
RAMAMOE

Post by RAMAMOE »

Check the wheels in your rope cocker .. make sure they are not gummed up
Equinox - Varizone - Rage 100 3 blade - xcal. firebolts
"When they hear the "TWANG" it's already too late"