Aftermarket Ibex stock for my Phoenix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curtisgreen110683

Aftermarket Ibex stock for my Phoenix?

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

Anybody know if I can buy an Ibex stock for my Phoenix? And Where I could find that? Thanks in advance!!! :D
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
bdog

Re: Aftermarket Ibex stock for my Phoenix?

Post by bdog »

they won't interchange,thumb hole and straight stock without some mods......
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Made a wooden one but had to drill a new hole to bolt it to the rail
Tenpoint Matrix
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

double input
Tenpoint Matrix
curtisgreen110683

Ok, thanks for all the input.
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the trigger is only one screw i believe. the old holes i would probably just run good screws through them with alumiweld or epoxy on the theads and grind everything flat instead of welding. run a scribe punch down the holes to mark the new spot where the screws need to go and re-tap.sounds easy anyway.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

where can i get a stock and longer trigger. if i can get one ill document my efforts. sounds like a neat project. i hate my vixen stock anyway.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

foofoo wrote:the trigger is only one screw i believe. the old holes i would probably just run good screws through them with alumiweld or epoxy on the theads and grind everything flat instead of welding. run a scribe punch down the holes to mark the new spot where the screws need to go and re-tap.sounds easy anyway.
It's a little more complicated that that. By the time you buy a thumbhole, if you even can find one, possibly booger your current rail trying to do what Excal engineers designed discouragement into, lol, you may find you would have got by cheaper selling what you have and buying a thumbhole model. Just food for thought.
"Eze 18:21"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

awshucks wrote:
It's a little more complicated that that. By the time you buy a thumbhole, if you even can find one, possibly booger your current rail trying to do what Excal engineers designed discouragement into, lol, you may find you would have got by cheaper selling what you have and buying a thumbhole model. Just food for thought.
its a piece of aluminum not the space shuttle ha ha!. already have a few thumbhole models. the vixen stock just doesnt fit or feel right for me and not.its a shame they dont offer a smaller weight thumbhole. knock off a few limb inches and add a tactical lightweight stock and youd have a winner. these excaliburs are cumbersome in the stand but i make do.
Normous

Post by Normous »

foofoo wrote: "these excaliburs are cumbersome in the stand but i make do.
Cumbersome??? try one of the wheeled competitor models at 12-13 lbs loaded.
I'll take my lightweight Excalibur anyday.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) In all honesty I would just sell the phoenix and buy a Ibex then . Far less hassle :)
In order to do the conversion you would need the stock , the thumbhole trigger . Then do the necessary machining , drilling and tapping . Can it be done . Yes . Been proven by Bob`s perserverance :)
When we talk about weight does anybody remember the Bear devastator/ boat anchor . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
curtisgreen110683

Boat anchor... that's funny! Thanks for all the info, I just thought it would be a fun swap but I didn't think it was that in depth of a job... Give me a reason to buy an Ibex... :D ya know, so I can examine and cross reference... not just to buy another excalibur...
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

enormous wrote:
foofoo wrote: "these excaliburs are cumbersome in the stand but i make do.
Cumbersome??? try one of the wheeled competitor models at 12-13 lbs loaded.
I'll take my lightweight Excalibur anyday.
i dont think they weigh that much anymore. i picked up a horton trt ultalight. it weighs 6.5 pounds. its an absolute joy in the tree stand size and weight wise. love the simplicity of the excaliburs so they will be my ground or blind bows.i like to tinker. i can get a barrel for my vortex to make it a ibex but what fun is that? if someone has an extra stock or longer trigger let me know.im ready!