O/T Gun registry here to stay

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

O/T Gun registry here to stay

Post by Carnivorous »

I can't say I am suprised. However it does not sit well with me...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2 ... alcomments
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelie

Re: O/T Gun registry here to stay

Post by wheelie »

guess it depends whether we put in a majority Conservative goverment next time. Then it would be gone.
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

Gun control is less about controlling guns, and more about controlling people. More guns, less crime. I have a concealed handgun on me at all times when I'm out in public. As gun sales skyrocket in America, crime rates drop. Oh, yeah, our president and his ilk hate it. I just hope we dethrone him and his cronies before they change the balance in the U.S. Supreme Court!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

OUTLAW GUNS & ONLY OUTLAWS WILL OWN GUNS...Australia's been there & done that & it dont work...now its a waiting game to see what happens to our beloved crossbows, in western australia the word is ban them. there not getting mine l tell you what they'll been looking for years ah australia is f..... do your best to stop it happening to use...regards blackjack
Last edited by blackjack on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The Liberals will never vote it down or allow a free vote. Voting it down would be admitting it does not work.
Old Exocet

Post by Old Exocet »

I had the unique pleasure of answering my door one evening to two officers over a car breakdown, left on roadside till morning. It is very unnerving to have an officer standing offside with a hand on his gun. Why.? Because I am a registered gun owner. Is this why the police love the registry.?
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

The registry is all about control. After all, law abiding citizens who take the time to do all the paperwork, pass the courses/exam and properly store their firearms morph into criminals overnight, right?

Remember the 22nd of September when you go to cast your vote in our next Federal elections folks. The Conservative Party of Canada is the only federal party in Canada that does not want to treat law-abiding citizens like criminals because they own firearms. As you can see a few posts above, our Australian brothers and sisters have already gone through this. In the past, both Jack Layton and Michael Ignatieff have applauded Australia and Great Britain for their efforts in terms of gun control. Let's not let that happen here.

We already have one of the best licencing systems in the world. The registry is redundant, wasteful and absolutely useless in preventing crime. The only use the registry has is 'after the fact', in verifying that the gun that was used to commit the crime was registered or not...and the vast majority of them aren't.

Don't stop today. Get in touch with as many MPs as you can and let them know we will not forget this.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Blackjack is right about future restrictions. First the handguns, then the rifles (registry) then the crossbows. From my Freedom of Information request it was disclosed that "people may be intimidated because crossbows look like rifles". Please read my post "Help Restore Crossbow Use". I need help in turning around the Toronto ban. Politicians will listen at election time which is now. Please take a few minutes to send an email or two. Thanks.
RAMAMOE

Post by RAMAMOE »

For a lot of us the damage is done. Most of us have probably registered our rifles in the early years when the law came into effect. It is now a mute point . even if the registry gets the axe . Our rifles on already on the books and you can be damn sure they will not destroy what records they have now..I would love to have some stats on how many violent crimes that are committed in this province , are committed with long guns . I would be willing to bet the numbers are extremely low like 5%.
Equinox - Varizone - Rage 100 3 blade - xcal. firebolts
"When they hear the "TWANG" it's already too late"
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

I am glad we don't have registration, mandatory classes, and storage regulations here. There will be civil war in the U.S. when they try to impose such madness! Outside of the time I am at work I carry the following: S&W model 37 w/ Crimson Trace laser grips, Emerson CQC-7 combat folder, and a Surefire Executive Elite light.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My wife made a comment about the registry vote yesterday. If Layton and Iggy were so sure that their constituents supported the registry, why did they not let them have a free vote ! :roll: