sts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

beisch

sts

Post by beisch »

hi guys ,i am new to this forum and xbows,was wondering when putting on sts do you really need to serve the string further out?seems fff string should be stronger than the soft rubber stops
Boo

Re: sts

Post by Boo »

I haven't heard of anyone having trouble other than one person using a Dacron string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

was looking at the sts and wondering where to get it from and also how difficult to install in vortex.
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

You can get them from Bucks n Ducks. Also from Cabelas and some other places. They are not hard to install, come with directions. Also if you do a search on here you will see quite a bit of info. Boo's website is very helpful. Be prepared to either cut or grind the rods as they will be too long out of the package. I just used the bench grinder at work and it was a piece of cake.

Long
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

thanks longwinters found it on bucks n ducks, next ? is how well do they work and what is the advantage in using them. do they improve performance, quieten bow extend string life, etc.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

bill morrison wrote:how well do they work and what is the advantage in using them. do they improve performance, quieten bow extend string life, etc.
short answer:YES

More consistant shots, potential dryfire protection, they dampen alot of the vibrations(noise) especially with a string with cat whiskers, and depending on your brace height it wil prevent the string from slapping the riser resulting in extended string life.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

one shot scott wrote:
bill morrison wrote:how well do they work and what is the advantage in using them. do they improve performance, quieten bow extend string life, etc.
short answer:YES

More consistant shots, potential dryfire protection, they dampen alot of the vibrations(noise) especially with a string with cat whiskers, and depending on your brace height it wil prevent the string from slapping the riser resulting in extended string life.
My thoughts exactly,
If you could buy only one accessory for your bow that should be the first choice.
JMO
Tenpoint Matrix
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

thanks everyone, these are the answers i was hoping i would get.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day if l were you l'd wait for excalibur to bring its design out. blackjack
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
RANGER94

Post by RANGER94 »

I strongly agree with BlackJack. I would wait for Excalibur to come out with their version. I ordered the STS from Wyvern's creations, and it seems Bucks & Ducks changed the design. I did not like the way it fit, even if I did grind the rod and bumper. Also they made a slice in the center of the bumper, which I knew that was one more thing I would have to keep my eye on. If the bumper twists, which it does after a couple of shots, the string would be thrown off, and accuracy would decrease. I returned my STS to Wyvern a week later.