Deer followed me!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

Deer followed me!

Post by Hazmat »

I was Bear hunting in Sundridge this weekend and while walking out from the stand Saturday morning @ 11:00AM a doe and a 4point buck started to follow me back to camp!
I walked with them for 15 minutes all the while going nobody is going to believe me, then I remembered that I had my camera in my back pack so I stopped and put down my Equinox and took out my camera
The doe did not mind having her picture taken so I said to myself I am going to walk a circle around this deer and photograph her!
I hope that I see this next Saturday when I will be bow hunting for Deer
I ended up spending 1/2 hour with these deer and had numerous opportunities to harvest either one, the doe was as close as ten feet from me and the buck came in to about 20 feet.
I think that they both new that Deer Season did not open until October 1?
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
curtisgreen110683

Re: Deer followed me!

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

Cool! Me and a friend were walking through the woods once, me on a tractor path, he on the wood line downhill from me. He said everytime he looked uphill to see where I was there was a buck about ten steps behind me, I didn't see it but he showed me the tracks afterwards... He said he didn't want to yell and scare it and I did notice him waving a lot but I just thought he was making sure I knew where he was. :D I never thought in a million years they would walk behind me like that... Lesson learned I suppose.
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Is their any chance that those 2 Deer were hand raised ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

I don't think that they would have been raised by any one as all of the neighbours hunt. I do not want to shoot the Buck as I would like him to grow and I don't think that I could shoot the doe with her being so friendly.
I was in full cammo including face mask and using scent control as I was hunting Bear, maybe they did not know what I was?
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hazmat wrote:I don't think that they would have been raised by any one as all of the neighbours hunt. I do not want to shoot the Buck as I would like him to grow and I don't think that I could shoot the doe with her being so friendly.
I was in full cammo including face mask and using scent control as I was hunting Bear, maybe they did not know what I was?
Could be they were confused/curious as to scent (or lack of it). I've had a deer trail me when I had fox urine on my boots.

I'd shoot one if I needed the meat, though. In my years of harvesting and eating deer I've found the foolish ones taste just as good. :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have had deer come to me and check me out several times. I got busted by a mature buck while stalking once and I continued my route, once I got under cover I circled back to find him coming back from the path I had just taken . . .I figured he wanted to make sure I had left . . .too bad I missed the 10 yard shot. LOL.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
frisky

Post by frisky »

Ha....Oct 1 you will see the bear :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

This spring I had a young buck come onto the property close to where I practice with some 3D targets. After waiting awhile to see if it would move on I decided to just walk over expecting it to leave. It didn't. So I proceeded to practice with my trusty phoenix. Every time I shot
the deer would flinch, look up, and then go back to eating. This happened five times in a row after which it meandered around the property
grazing away at leisure.

Just the other night the same buck showed up in the yard as I drove in. It wasn't spooked by the car so I parked, got out my binocs and
watched it for awhile from a window. In this WMU I have no antlerless tag but this one qualifies for the antlered category. So not having
an opportunity to go the Manitoulin this year for opening day I have set up a ground blind. This time my phoenix may see some real
action beginning early Oct. 1.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

wabi wrote:
Hazmat wrote:I'd shoot one if I needed the meat, though. In my years of harvesting and eating deer I've found the foolish ones taste just as good. :wink: :lol: :lol:
yeah i don't think stupid would taste too bad myself :lol: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.