opening morning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bzz

opening morning

Post by bzz »

well it all started last year when mr buck finally showed his face at 6.45 pm it was to dark to shoot....... all summer i dreampt of him and finally the oct 1 came soi got to tree stand at 615 ish and had made a lo :oops: t of noise after stepping on a few freshly fallen dried out branches,so i decided to give the good oll rack a thumping (should have waited abit) and to my surprise here he came man was he a brute could hardly see him.he stopped 10yards from me and gave me a few long snorts and weezzes ?????i thought to self how can that be????
i had made sure i cleaned all my gear and stored in one of those scent locker baggs"didnt want to jeperdize the first hunt"well after about 20 min i tried my luck again and there he was agin coming through the bean field with pride wow did he ever look nice ... suddenly he stops down wind from were i was and he snorted and weesed at me agin couldnt belive it after awhile i got down from the stand and went for a little walk to retrive my game cam and i noticed that they were all bedded down 30 yards from my stand later i got home and checked my cam and sure enough ther were 3 does and a fawn that bedded down there at 3 am that mourning .should i go back or should i let that stand cool off for a couple of days dont want to disturb there beeding area to much.
gerald strine

Re: opening morning

Post by gerald strine »

If the wind is rite I would give it another shot.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

if they are bedding down there over night, use that stand in the afternoon and try catching them going to bed just before night fall....if they are there in the mourning they will bust you every time, just catch them going there :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If the deer are bedding close to yer stand don't go to that stand during the time they are using the area. You will have to slip in when they're not there & wait on them. I doubt they smelled you they saw you!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315