Interesting opener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

Interesting opener

Post by longwinters »

Season opened Oct 1. Rained all day. My buddy "Big Tom" and I were at a true old fashioned rustic huntin camp...complete with a mouse. Sat and watched it rain all friday afternoon. I got out this morning though and saw a yearling doe (15 yds), a spike (17 yds) and a large doe who stayed in the thick balsams. Also had a partridge come in (going to have to get a judo point for them). Then it started to rain again so I came home. Tomorrow I doubt if I'll hunt as it is a 40 mile drive each way to hunt...I think I'll stay home and watch the Packers. But next weekend the plan is to hit er hard.

Long
wabi

Re: Interesting opener

Post by wabi »

We had a good opening day here last Saturday. I managed to put one down about an hour into the season, so I have fresh venison now. :D

Went in and adjusted my 2-man ladder stand today (there was a big limb that made it difficult for my son to set in it with me, so I pivoted the stand so we can both sit comfortably). Planned to hunt this evening but the wind & rain hit about time to head out so I decided there's plenty of time to get another one (or two) and stayed home.
Plan to hit it in the morning if the weather is good. :)
wabi
JimM

Post by JimM »

I wish we could hunt on Sundays. :( Good luck
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

JimM wrote:I wish we could hunt on Sundays. :( Good luck
X2
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
JimM

Post by JimM »

There are so many deer here in N virginia and they let us hunt from the first week of Sept to the last weekend Of march. So we can go out hunting when its 100 degree out side, or hunt doe when they are 4 months pregnant. I wont hunt during either. your average hunter gets to hunt a few times a month. And they wonder way they cant do anything about the deer population.
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Introduce wolves like they did here....They will certainly downsize your deer herd.

Long
JimM

Post by JimM »

He have flower bed bucks. I live in a good size community and 1/3 acre. There are deer every were around me. They jump my little fence and eat my bushes. And the tree hugers would never let that happen. He'll in loudoun Ct were I live they won't even let us kill fox. We have tons of deer and tons of fox