Red Lumenok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VTX4

Red Lumenok

Post by VTX4 »

Earlier I posted "Doe down in Illinois". As a follow-up .... I did not find my arrow after I shot her and wanted to get on the blood trail. That was Friday evening. Last night my granddaughter and I got on the 4 wheeler after dark to search for the arrow. We went to where the doe stood when I shot her. Immediately we saw the bright red lumenok in the weeds. (That was about 25 hours after I shot the deer.) I was glad to find the arrow. With new blades on the Slick Trick and the arrow will be ready for another deer.
Excalibur Vortex
Custom Boo String
Excal LumiZone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Bolts
NAP Spitfire 125
Lumenocks
trailcamguy

Re: Red Lumenok

Post by trailcamguy »

Great job. You're gonna like the illuminated nocks. And the Slicks are hard to beat from any bow, I've found. They really do the job and very durable too.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's pretty sweet. Been kickin' around the idea of going with Lumenoks but haven't decided for sure yet.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I have both the Lumenocks and Firenocks. I use the Lumenocks on my aluminum 2216's and Firenocks on the GT Laser II's.

I like the Lumenocks for ease of installation and set up.

I like the Firenocks because they have a replaceable battery and are easier for me to deactivate.

One thing I've discovered though is this. When I shoot the Lumenocks here at the house at Dusk, the Lumenock is so bright it tends to make the target disappear momentarily.

The Firenocks is not as bright in my opinion, but it's easier to follow and doesn't temporarily cause me to lose sight of the target at Dawn and Dusk.

Both are just plain cool to shoot though!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Hev used the Luminock for 3 seasons now with great results. Just looked at the firenock this year like the idea of not having to pull the nock out to shoot. The replacable battery is a plus as well.
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

How do you turn either brand off? Does the Lumenok have a built in battery?
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Mr. Dynamite wrote:How do you turn either brand off? Does the Lumenok have a built in battery?
With the Lumenok, you have to pull it slightly out so it loses contact. I've had some come back on and burn out. I don't like to pull them very far out either. The ones I use on my 2216's are really tight. I have to use my Leatherman to get a good grip on them and pull slightly until they lose contact.

With the Firenoks, all you do is drop them on their end on a hard surface. I've used rocks, logs and even laid down my Excalibur and dropped the arrow, nock end first on the stock to turn it off.

My problem with the Lumenoks is that once they burn out, that's it. They're done for. You have to buy another $10 nock. With the Firenoks, when they go out you buy a $3 battery and you're good to go again.

I'm curious Bstout, why do you like the Lumenoks better?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4