Great Opening day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucont

Great Opening day

Post by bucont »

Got out tonight for the first time this season.

I got to the box blind about 3 pm today, the good weather and blue jays kept me entertained. I do not recall ever seeing a flock of blue jays but this was a flock with over 100 birds. The bird watching lasted about two hours and they hit the road. About half hour after the birds left a small doe made herself known to me.
She was a good looking deer but but small, as soon as she settled in at 30 yards another showed up, then another and yet another. And finally two more does of shootable size came into the 25 yard mark as well.
Now they have my attention and my scope on them. I slid the safety off and as I am getting ready to pull the trigger all hell breaks loose with an eight point busting up the party and chasing the two does out of range followed by him disappearing into the woods.
I held my place in hopes the does and buck would return and I continued to enjoy the evening watching the little ones mull around. They packed up and left about 7:30 or so and I did the same and slinked out the back door.

This gets your blood flowing for another day and those early mornings just do not seem so early when your reward is like this. I did not pull the trigger yet the hunt feels like a success.

Good hunting all and stay safe.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
j.krug

Re: Great Opening day

Post by j.krug »

Great success story for sure.
Sounds like you'll put one down sooner or later. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

That is a great hunt just the same.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sometimes the best times are just having them so close. The best things about hunting is being 25 yards away from an animal that perfers to be 1000yards away from you!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-