OT - memorial fund

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

OT - memorial fund

Post by wabi »

A few weeks ago an old friend called me and asked if I could make him a string for a longbow he had just acquired. I told him I would be happy to, just bring it up. As it worked out I had to run out on a service call and missed him by a few minutes, but he left the bow at my house.
I wasn't busy, so I grabbed the jig and made him an endless loop string which didn't take long. Called him as soon as I was done and he was shocked I was done so soon. :lol: He came up and got the string and we had a good visit.

I was shocked to see his name in the obituary column the next week!!!!!!!!!!!
He was in his late 40's, and had the usual problems associated with aging, but he seemed fine the day we talked and it was a total shock as well as a sobering reminder of our mortality!

Just read an article tonight in Ohio's wildlife news report that a memorial fund has been created in his memory. His family had a private service with no visitation, so this is a chance to pay my respects, and I will make a contribution.

Can't think of a much better cause or charity than one that will benefit the youth of the community, and I'm sure this will!

Link to Memorial Fund
wabi
one shot scott

Re: OT - memorial fund

Post by one shot scott »

My condolences to you wabi on the loss of your friend.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
maple

Post by maple »

So sorry about the passing of your friend Wabi. Gotta cherish each and every day don't we.

Maple
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Sorry for your loss Wabi.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

very sorry to hear bout your friend wabi....it's hard when a friend leaves you behind at such a young age too........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.