Fletching nock adaptor

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Worriedman

Fletching nock adaptor

Post by Worriedman »

I bought one last year that fit my firebolts, and let me use my Arizona E-Zee Fletch, but where I put it, is anybody's guess. Wife says the only thing I have not turned over looking for it is the house itself.

Not only can I not find it, but I have no idea where I got it, nor can I find one via Google.

Help!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter of TFA
xbowkidd

Re: Fletching nock adaptor

Post by xbowkidd »

for moon nocks or flat nocks?

for moon nocks you can use this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/CROSSBOW-BOLT-FLETC ... 9&x=23&y=5

or for flat nocks you can glue a nock from a standard cedar shaft onto a feild point. here is an example of a few i made up...

Team Dryfire
Worriedman

Post by Worriedman »

Flat nocks in standard Firebolts.

I cut an old nock from my compound days last night and threaded it with a home made tap out of a 8X32 bolt, then cleaned out the threads and glued a section of 8X32 in.

Fletched a few this morning.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
wabi

Post by wabi »

You don't need an adapter with the Arizona E-Z Fletch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just put the vanes/feathers in the arms, put the flat nock end of the arrow down against the nock receiver in the tool, and close the arms.

If you're replacing one vane only, just close the other two arms over the existing vanes and it will align the third (replacement) vane.
wabi
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day, l went to that ebay site on the address o'l mate gave you l always worried that l may lose mine as well & l brought 2 just in case as we speak. if there the same as they look like mine they work great hard rubber they will fit all your crossbow bolts. best regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

wabi wrote:You don't need an adapter with the Arizona E-Z Fletch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just put the vanes/feathers in the arms, put the flat nock end of the arrow down against the nock receiver in the tool, and close the arms.

If you're replacing one vane only, just close the other two arms over the existing vanes and it will align the third (replacement) vane.
X2!!!!! I just bought one and have used it. Don't know why you need one (knock adapter). Just put arrow in.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I use the EZ fletch as well for my Xbow arrows and don't use an adapter.
Never had any problems.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Worriedman

Re: Fletching nock adapter

Post by Worriedman »

Guess the location of the fletching in relationship to the shaft makes no difference. Without the nock adapter, the fletching is further up the shaft, but it is only about 3/8", so I guess it really does not matter.

I uniform my primer pockets, debur my flasholes and anneal every fourth firing as well. Some would consider that slightly (or terribly) anal, but it works for me.

TFA/NRA Life Member
wabi

Re: Fletching nock adapter

Post by wabi »

Worriedman wrote:Guess the location of the fletching in relationship to the shaft makes no difference. Without the nock adapter, the fletching is further up the shaft, but it is only about 3/8", so I guess it really does not matter.........
With the flat nock for the Excalibur there is no "cock feather" to be oriented, so it doesn't matter. The slight shift forward doesn't seem to change accuracy at all.
wabi
shannonharry

Post by shannonharry »

i'm a newbe to the crossbow world, and as such i bought a crappy crossbow, long story short, i bought 100 mostly aluminum second hand arrows hoping to get more range out of my buffalo river recurve, lighter arrows etc..

anyways getting different sized nocks and inserts was difficult to say the least due to living in a small town

until i stumbled upon a nifty trick for both ends of the arrow..

screw anchors, or plastic expanders for screws

bang one in and it's an instant flat nock, cheap too :)

they are used for screwing into drywalls (plaster etc)..

bunch of different sizes, most of the time i don't even need glue, as they are designed not to come out and in a pinch you can drill the hole a little bigger and screw your broadhead or field point in.. not very elegant though :roll:

anyways just a thought, cheers for the ideas