Up close and personal with nice bucks.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tat4life

Up close and personal with nice bucks.

Post by tat4life »

Thought i would share some great pics i took with my kids,a memorable day they will never forget,too bad i wasnt allowed to put up a stand..lol
Last edited by tat4life on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
TrophyBuck

Re: Up close and personal with nice bucks.

Post by TrophyBuck »

Thats it I am walking around with a bag of carrots .
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well now i see some good pic's of nice Buck being hand fed by the children. Pet deer ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Well that tears it!

I am fed up with those daggone trophy feeders! :lol:
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Very cool.

FWIW, I'd be wary of getting close to these deer. Once velvet is shed, and especially the closer it gets to the rut, Deer, especially Bucks, can be very unpredictable and even aggressive toward people.

The problem with tame deer like these is that they have little, if any, fear of humans, which makes potentially even more dangerous. Just a heads up.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Great pics
They must be pet deer or very dehumanized.
Either way those kids I am sure had a blast feeding them. :D :D :D
Tenpoint Matrix
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

OkXbowHunter wrote:Very cool.

FWIW, I'd be wary of getting close to these deer. Once velvet is shed, and especially the closer it gets to the rut, Deer, especially Bucks, can be very unpredictable and even aggressive toward people.

The problem with tame deer like these is that they have little, if any, fear of humans, which makes potentially even more dangerous. Just a heads up.
*************************************************************************************************
Thanks for the concern and the information. To lay your mind at ease, these pics were taken at Park Omega in Montebello ,Que.. and I was careful in doing my research before exposing my children to the wildllife that roams free within its compound.
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

vixenmaster wrote:Well now i see some good pic's of nice Buck being hand fed by the children. Pet deer ?
These pics were taken at Park Omega in Montebello,Que....check out their website (http://www.parc-omega.com/en/)

)
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Very true! I know a husband and wife team that produce deer urine for sale to hunters (well, the deer actually produce it). I was talking to the wife while we both were standing outside the pens of tame deer. She said, "Come October of every year I don't dare go into the buck pens. They're starting to become aggressive at that time...playfully sparring but getting serious. On more than one occasion I've been shoved by a sharp tine. But by mid-October forget it! You're taking your life into your hands as they have little tolerance for anything that comes into their space! A buck during the rut can be one unpredictable crazy, even murderous, animal! There are no cuddly Bambi's during the fall. They are mean SOB's!"

This from a woman who is around pen raised deer all year long!
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

PA_DeerHunter wrote:

Very true! I know a husband and wife team that produce deer urine for sale to hunters (well, the deer actually produce it). I was talking to the wife while we both were standing outside the pens of tame deer. She said, "Come October of every year I don't dare go into the buck pens. They're starting to become aggressive at that time...playfully sparring but getting serious. On more than one occasion I've been shoved by a sharp tine. But by mid-October forget it! You're taking your life into your hands as they have little tolerance for anything that comes into their space! A buck during the rut can be one unpredictable crazy, even murderous, animal! There are no cuddly Bambi's during the fall. They are mean SOB's!"

This from a woman who is around pen raised deer all year long!
Im not sure if you think that these pics were taken just recently ,while most deer are more aggressive mid october,these were taking early August ,if that makes any difference.