Too hot to hunt deer!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Too hot to hunt deer!

Post by vixenmaster »

I haven't hunted since last tues. morning. Been too warm to suit me, suppose to be about 48 in the morning so i will ease out to the white oaks n watch fer a tick toter
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

I am NOT hunting , to dang hot :evil:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Been near 90 here the last few days. I've been driving around and discovering some new public ground and then drove around yesterday morning to see how many hunters were utilizing these areas. I was glad to see some of them vacant and just a few hunters in the others.

Front is suppose to come in tonight and give us some rain the next two days. Next weeks highs are suppose to be in the low to mid 70's.

I'll probably get out tonight ahead of this front and then hunt after it cools off Tues through Thur.

I love hunting before a major front!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
wabi

Post by wabi »

Took my son camping last night with the intention of getting up this morning and putting in a few hours in the stand.
Temps dropped to the mid-40s overnight, but I got up this morning thinking about the predicted high today (85°F) and decided to skip the hunt. :roll:
I hate to have to rush to get one tagged and then to the processor's cooler, and today (Sunday) I'd have to drive about 40 miles to tag one in (the local check station isn't open).
Right now my outdoor thermometer is showing 88°F, glad I didn't go! :lol:

The camping was fun, though!
Had squirrels racing through the trees near us at bedtime and an screech owl serenaded us to sleep. :lol: :lol:
camp.JPG
wabi
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Bstout wrote :
High temperature and high winds are the worst times to archery hunt deer
I agree 100% .... it's been brutal slow in my area as well due to the warm weather .... the deer just are not moving ... they stay in the cool thick cedar swamp areas .
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Is was 85 here yesterday, spent the morning carving not hunting. I like to do most of my own butchering and its been too hot to hang one.
Crispy
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am seeing activity, but it is very warm!
I don't mind the heat, but I was a bit disappointed my deer had to go to a butcher, to warm to hang it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Around here this year I saw lots of movement one day in July when it was over 100 degrees out. I couldn't believe all of the deer up and moving just after midday.

That being said, I stayed home yesterday to sleep in and it was too hot for me in the evening. We can't hunt here on Sunday so I will get out there tomorrow morning while its in the 50s.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

After having the wettest pissy cold summer, we are now having a heat wave.
Hit 85 f easy today.

Friday AM on the way to work I was driving some grid roads. This was just at sunrise. Saw 4 big deer to far to tell if they were Mules or Whites. I can only hunt Whites.
Lots of geese moving but not as many as usual. I think we will have a long fall. This time last winter it was snowing. I remember it well!!

Will have Binocs in truck tomorrow am and do another look about.
Tags ready and waiting.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Went out last nite a/c I've only been out once so far and couldn't stand it. Sat from 4-dark and besides a busy gray squirrel, a piliated (SP?) woodpecker and 2 partridge all I had come in was a spike. Won't get out again for over a week...not my idea of a successful season.

Long
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Bstout, my friend went this am and saw 2 deer,i stayed home this afternoon just like you,85* too much trouble after shooting the deer because i can't register it until 10am monday.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
secret

Post by secret »

I hunted in the heat Saturday. I saw 2 hudge 6 point bucks walk right under me at 3:00 , crossed a wide open field strait to the farmers water ring and drank water for awhile.Then they both layed down .The drawback for me was all bucks in that wmu need to have at least 4 points on one side. they were both 130 class 6 points[not legal] Hopefully they have some older brothers that are shooters!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hot here too...I like to hang my deer for about 8-10 days and age it...URGGGGGGG come on cold weather..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

It has been pleasant here in the mornings, but it warms up fast. It is supposed to be back in the low 80's by mid-week.
bigbuckonly1

Post by bigbuckonly1 »

The deer still have to eat & drink lots, I have seen numerous super bucks in 90 & 95 degree heat, you just never know unless youre there.
Take time to enjoy each & everyday that GOD has given us- be thankful.

Excalibur Vortex
Firebolt Arrows
Rage .125gr. Broadheads
Equalizer Climbing Stand
99% Scent Killer