Excalibur Ibex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Excalibur Ibex

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum, Ibex is very good model. Unless the tick toter yer shooting is deaf it will hear the CB shot. It may or maynot jump the string if'en its alert or not.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

Welcome to the forum, I have an Ibex and love it. This is also my first cb. I am using the firebolts and 100 gr G5 montecs they seem to fly the best for me. I think you will be very satisfied with it. Also the nocks are flat nocks. Good luck to you and again welcome to the best forum going.

John
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum.
The Ibex is a fine Xbow. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Vixen vs Ibex yes the Ibex has 25 lbs more poundage & has the Thumbhole stock, thats a big plus! I have been asking Excal to build a vixen with a T-hole stock fer several yrs. Not happening so i shoot my old vixen, she's my gal pal sweet as maple syrup :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

I have an Ibex and I love it! I just got a doe with it a week and a half ago. I use a 20" firebolt. They are flat nocks. I use 150 gr. bolt cutters with it. It shoots great. You will love it.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You want to only use flat nocks. Flat nocks will be pushed where there is the least resistance to the string. If you use a moon nock the string/nock position will be a struggle. I guess you have to ask yourself if you would rather push the nock/arrow on a flat surface or an angled surface.
Some people just like stepping on rakes