SLICK TRICKS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wvjason

SLICK TRICKS

Post by wvjason »

I AM GOING TO TRY THE SLICK TRICKS. I HOPED THAT SOMEBODY WOULD TELL ME WHAT GRAIN AND OR STYLE WORKS THE BEST FOR THEM. I AM SHOOTING AN EQUINOX. THANKS
Normous

Re: SLICK TRICKS

Post by Normous »

What is the arrow weight and arrow set up you are using?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

25gr isn't much between the 100's and 125's on the tip of your arrow....but do go with the mag's as they are 1 1/8" wide compaired to 1" std heads they make....they do make a 1 1/4" wide head too if you want wider yet....they fly great for me with my 08 exocet with brass inserts and high FOC of 21.4% :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Buy, build or steal an arrow spinner if you don't have one. Slicks are tune-able and every so often one or two will need some. IMHO.
"Eze 18:21"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I use the the 4 blade 100gr Tricks and the deer I shot yesterday looked like I hit him with a bullet. Ribs were shattered on both sides and the broadhead was still in great shape. They are TOUGH!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!

Post by newbie »

yes they are tough, missed two deer with the same broadhead, and no nicks dings and just as sharp as out of the package, the hit high left for me had to adjust scope for them. 125gr magnums btw
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have used the slick mag 100 gr real good & the razor-trick i think i will like better.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wvjason

Post by wvjason »

I HAVE HEAR THEY SHOOT LIKE FIELD POINTS. THAT IS WHAT GOT ME INTERETED IN THEM. I HAVE NEVER TUNED FOR BROADHEADS ONLY SHOT THEM AND SIGHTED IN FOR THEM. ANY HELP HERE IS APPRECIATED.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

awshucks wrote:Buy, build or steal an arrow spinner if you don't have one. Slicks are tune-able and every so often one or two will need some. IMHO.
Shucks, please elaborate. How do you tune a Slick? Thanks.

BTW, Slick Tricks are also sharpenable. I just did one that had been dulled through target practice. I used a Lansky sharpener (25 degree angle seemed to work best) and the blades came out sharper than brand new!
Last edited by ninepointer on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
steve

Post by steve »

I tried slicks 100's with the Firebolts out of a 175 lb. exocet and they didn't fly good. Switched to 125's and they fly great.
bdog

Post by bdog »

ninepointer wrote:
awshucks wrote:Buy, build or steal an arrow spinner if you don't have one. Slicks are tune-able and every so often one or two will need some. IMHO.
Shucks, please elaborate. How do your tune a Slick? Thanks.

BTW, Slick Tricks are also sharpenable. I just did one that had been dulled through target practice. I used a Lansky sharpener (25 degree angle seemed to work best) and the blades came out sharper than brand new!
Read the package about spin testing,they're seated to the arrow shaft with a washer,if they wobble when spun, loosen the head and move the washer,spin again and adjust until there is know wobble......
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

steve wrote:I tried slicks 100's with the Firebolts out of a 175 lb. exocet and they didn't fly good. Switched to 125's and they fly great.
Sounds like with the Firebolt's aluminium front inserts, that little bit of extra FOC was what you needed.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

bdog wrote:
ninepointer wrote:
Shucks, please elaborate. How do your tune a Slick? Thanks.

Read the package about spin testing,they're seated to the arrow shaft with a washer,if they wobble when spun, loosen the head and move the washer,spin again and adjust until there is know wobble......
Bob's Your Uncle! It can take some time and be frustrating, but does work. I got suckered by having two or three be fine right out of the package. Had one sail off over the target at 30 yds and began tracking down why.

Wobble. Weally amazed me. :lol:
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Rather than brass insserts, try the new 175 grainer. I'm looking for some feedback myself, but I love the Boltcutters and it would be hard for me to switch.
In the Wind.......
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

See4miles wrote:Rather than brass inserts, try the new 175 grainer. I'm looking for some feedback myself, but I love the Boltcutters and it would be hard for me to switch.
Good idea!!