Phoenix Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rackmaster

Phoenix Crossbow

Post by Rackmaster »

Hey all..New to the forum here, so go easy..lol...I have a Phoenix with a Variscope...What range can I expect to get from it, and what range should I use the different crosshairs to sight it in?..
MADMAX2

Re: Phoenix Crossbow

Post by MADMAX2 »

WELCOME!! When hunting with archery equipment I keep my shots 30yds and under.When targeting 100yds and under :lol:
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/D ... a9ac8a.mp4
Last edited by MADMAX2 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best things in life are not things!!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome!!! I'm new also so please bare with me!I have the ibex...basically your bow with the thumbhole stock.I keep my max range at 40yds,but my comfort zone is 30yds in! Sight in at 20 with crosshair,then adjust speed ring at 40...when 40 is on 30 should be good!I don't know your set up but I'm shooting 285fps...good place to start on speed ring for 40yds. Good hunting!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wabi

Post by wabi »

georgiaboy wrote:Welcome!!! I'm new also so please bare with me!I have the ibex...basically your bow with the thumbhole stock.I keep my max range at 40yds,but my comfort zone is 30yds in! Sight in at 20 with crosshair,then adjust speed ring at 40...when 40 is on 30 should be good!I don't know your set up but I'm shooting 285fps...good place to start on speed ring for 40yds. Good hunting!!
Good advice, should be close with the speed set at the 3 in 300, or just below it. As for range, I've been hunting (and killing deer) with my Phoenix for several years (and other Excaliburs before the Phoenix was made). I keep shots under 30 yards, and most have been well under 20.
At those ranges there's less to go wrong and it's hard to miss. :lol:
wabi
Rackmaster

Post by Rackmaster »

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I have to re-sight in my bow. I didnt know the speed rings were for the arrow speed. I thought that was just a magnifier. DUH me...
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Sighting in is real easy. Use a rest and follow the instructions.

Good luck...
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

mate you have the best bow out there. l've been hooked on 200 & 225 lb excaliburs for ages l have an ibex as well as a Phoenix but l've never shot them, l collect as well as hunt & target shoot. after talking & listening to my mate on how good they are & he owned an exocet as well he just kept going on about them how good & how easy the 175 lb bows are to shoot so l ordered another one to use at home & at the xbow club & he was right l love it & mate between that & 225 lb excaliburs believe me it's only a few yards between the 2 in other words a bee''s dick which is'nt much over 40 yards just very smoothe like my old exomags just the right amount of power. regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Boo wrote:
Sighting In Your Crossbow Scope (Excalibur Varizone or Lumizone)
It really is a simple task that many have never done correctly. A rock sold rest and patience is really important.
You will need a target, a solid rest and a minimum range of 40 yards. Make sure you are happy with your brace height and your arrows.
First is to shoot from 20 yards and zero in your center crosshairs on the bullseye of your target. Once you have done this you never move the crosshair adjustment again.
Second, you step back to 40 yards. Place your center crosshairs on the bulleye and shoot a group of arrows while holding the center crosshairs on the bullseye. Your group will be several inches below the bullseye. Now while holding the center crosshairs on the bullseye adjust the speed ring so that the second cheveron down is on the group of arrows you just shot. Tape the speed ring so it will not move. Now double check your 10, 20, 30 and 40 yard groups at the respective ranges . This should work very easy! Good Luck
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

barneth wrote:guys im planning to buy a crossbow this coming holiday. because i know i can get big discount. my problem is, i don't know what's the best crossbow to choose. i bet i find a lot of expert in here, that can suggest me a nice one.

any suggestion folks?
Won't go wrong with any of the excals.!Try them all and choose the one that fit's u best!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"