broadheads, jsut an observation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

old fart jim

broadheads, jsut an observation

Post by old fart jim »

I know this subject has been talked to death :roll: just adding my observations. have shot a mutitude of heads over the years but will stick to the ones I've used in a crossbow. rage 3 blades shoot great and have performed well on the 2 deer I've shot with them, both heads were re useable with a little sharpening [ I like that]. Muzzy 3 blade 100grn. shot great and worked well on anmials but usualy had at least on broken blade. thunder heads wind planed badly so never used them. for massive wound channels I will stick to the rage, I am sure there are other heads just as good but when something works I tend to stick with it. so tell me what is your favorite head?
time in the woods is time well spent
georgiaboy

Re: broadheads, jsut an observation

Post by georgiaboy »

The only broadhead I ever used up until this season were 100gr. Sitfire's. Great mech. No complaint's I've taken four deer with them. Got caught up in the rage hype this summer and switched to the 2 blade 100gr. Can't complain with results on deer...taken 2 already this year, but they weren't working out on hogs! Using muzzy 3 blade now...took one small hog, no shot at deer yet! Should have stayed with my spitfire's...I guess sometimes you have to live a little!!! :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

What BH's i have used that were good. Steelheads, Boltcutters, Slick-tricks, Spitfire's,Montec Striker mag, Montec G5, Snuffer's, Snuffer SS, Stingers.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

vixenmaster wrote:What BH's i have used that were good. Steelheads, Boltcutters, Slick-tricks, Spitfire's,Montec Striker mag, Montec G5, Snuffer's, Snuffer SS, Stingers.
You need to change your name to broadheadmaster. That's the sign of a bow hunter that knows what he is doing . . .when you can shoot that many different broadheads successfully, then you are the master.

Broadhead companies for the most part do not make bad broadheads. We just need to learn how to use them. Some are easier than others. Most all can be mastered.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i used to shoot bear razorheads with my compound from 1982 till the last deer i shot with my compound in 2004 that is my avatar....then i switched to slick tricks with my CB, so far the 3 deer i shot with those slick tricks all died within 15 seconds....one went 20 feet, one went 30 feet and one went 400/500 yds on a full out run till it died 15 seconds later cause i spooked it at the shot cause she seen me standing there :lol: ....we followed her tracks that were four foot prints in one spot every 15/20 feet apart in the snow :shock: the whole way to the beaver pond we found her in 400/500 yds away....we couldn't believe how far and how fast she traveled and died in 15/20 seconds and covered that much ground.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.