Nebraska To Allow Crossbows In 2011 General Archery Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

Nebraska To Allow Crossbows In 2011 General Archery Season

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Well, it looks like my brothers to the North will be able to use their Excaliburs during the regular Archery season next year....

Nebraska Crossbow Law
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
georgiaboy

Re: Nebraska To Allow Crossbows In 2011 General Archery Seas

Post by georgiaboy »

Great!!! Hope the rest of the states that don't allow crossbow's will catch up to the 21st century!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
strider23

Post by strider23 »

bstout wrote: Our local bowhunting organizations are leading our governing bodies around by their noses.
I've read some of the garbage they've put out on the "evils" of the crossbow and how it threatens the "traditional" bow hunters way of life. I only have one thing to say about that.....PURE HOGWASH!!!!

And the politicians buy it hook, line, and sinker. :x
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Sorry about that little rant, but bstout's post riled me. I feel his pain.

Glad to see Nebraska has come out of the darkness. I expect we may see some new members joining from that state before too long. :D
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Great news. Another state that has AWAKENED :D
I am a hunter and proud of it.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Nebraska has some monster deer. Gary
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

SPITFIRE wrote:Great news. Another state that has AWAKENED :D
I agree!! :)
It's happening at a snails pace but I think we will eventually see many more, if not all, provinces and states allow crossbows to be used for hunting!! Can't wait to see the frowns on the "anti's" faces when that happens. :twisted:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Better a deer in the freezer, than on your windshield.

Dw is 5 in 6 years, One big sucker wrote off a Mazda. They seem to bounce off a Chev truck front end better. 3 off the Tahoe with minimal damage.

The Stats here for wildlife collisions is huge and growing.

The gun laws here really reduced hunting pressure, a couple nice winters and lots of jumping road targets. Did the 'crats think of that, obviosly not.

As explained to the anti hunters, years ago. Do you want the Goverment to have to hire hunters to reduce the populations? We pay to do it now. Will a gov. dead deer be more ethical?? Arm chair critics.

Don't get me going about the Vancouver Lady wanted us to fence in gophers!! I can't make this crap up.

Good for you folks.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
secret

Post by secret »

Thank you Nebraska!!!!! Iwill come and spend my$$$$$ now!!!! I wonder which state will be last?........boy there going to look stupid!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
centerx

Post by centerx »

Actually this came as quite a surprise to us here in the Cornhusker state. Overall I think most don't care either way . However naturally you have the outspoken few on each side.

I'm so excited I'll probably be one of the first die hard compound hunters to take a x-bow out in the woods around these parts

Naturally the bow of choice will be an Excalibur for the same reasons I spend so much time practicing and maintaining a compound bow. When I go to the woods I want a bullet proof set up. Don't want to worry about my abilities or my gear
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

You know, it's really amusing watching all the whining, crying and fit throwing NBA members are doing in various forums, mainly bowsite. You'd think they'd canceled hunting season all together! What many are not even old enough to remember is that Traditional bowhunters used the very same argument when the compound started becoming popular! :lol: :lol:

"Gun hunters are going to pick up the compound bows and wipe our deer herd out"

"There'll be so many gun hunters in the woods with dem new fangled compound bows that they'll be shooting at anything that moves"

"Those new compound bow thingies are too dangerous, anyone using them will kill their self and probably others"

"If hunters want to use those new compound bow, they should have their own season and let us real bowhunters hunt in the Archery season"

"Mark my words, no good will come letting hunters use those Compound-Guns in the Archery season!"

It's a shame that otherwise intelligent men can sound so ignorant on an issue by letting their selfishness cloud their judgment.

I guess both Deer and Deer Hunters are different in Nebraska. Otherwise they would be level headed enough to look at the data from state's like Ohio, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas and others who've had xbow seasons for decades and see that the crossbows are not going to wipe out the deer, nor are there going to be scores of dead and wounded hunters with crossbow arrows sticking out of them. But of course, if they admitted that, then they'd have to admit their only real gripe is that they fear more hunters taking "their deer" and hunting "their spots".
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Well said OkXbowHunter. So sad but so true!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads