crossbow trouble

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

crossbow trouble

Post by masboy »

having trouble with crossbow can,t hit deer. shoots great from rest at targets.was out sat. nice fat little buck 30yds. broadside in creek bottom sittin on hill in sage put crosshare behind front shoulder squeezed trigger buried broadhead in ground seen dark spot in center of scope before shot thought it was fogging up .i guess it was some briars or small limbs i could not see lucky deer. wasout mon. evening in tree stand allong field same deer comes strait to stand 22yds broadside i shoot over used wrong dot lucky deer was out today diff. tree stand see big buck 40 yds. no clear shot. he goes up hill guess who is coming down same little buck stops 40yds. broadside did not shoot seen two more runup hill.iheard horns banging this moring .also left grunt call rattling horns, in truck i can,t think right got lyme d
allmost to dumb to hunt .but i keep trying. can,t wait till this evening.better dayssare coming. having fun being outdoors. ps.i am a pretty fair shot i think ???
SPITFIRE

Re: crossbow trouble

Post by SPITFIRE »

WOW :shock: what a run of, I woun't say bad luck, but no luck at all :oops: Better days are coming :) :) :) GOOD LUCK
I am a hunter and proud of it.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Not to be a smart alec, but if you are hitting targets and can't hit a deer, it sounds like operator trouble and not a problem with your crossbow.

Maybe buck fever? :?
masboy

Post by masboy »

i agree very much operater trouble. the big buck i seen this morning dosn,t have much to worry about .but you can bet i,ll have my grunt,bleat.rattleing horns this evening. deer can,t laugh can they tick fever.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

If it was easy anybody could do it :wink:
Hunts versus targets add so much to the equation! Adrenaline being the biggest!
Why ride when you can walk!
wabi

Post by wabi »

My rule #1 is -
The closer you get before you shoot the better your chances.

As you are finding out things like an unnoticed limb can really ruin a shot. :wink:
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Sorry to hear about your luck, sure you'll put one in the freezer soon. Do you target practice free hand or just off of the bench? Need to practice all of your off hand shots regulary, because you never know what shot thier gonna present :lol:
Crispy
masboy

Post by masboy »

well i,m a pretty good shot off hand or bench rest just got lyme d. and it messed my thinking up don,t have balance .stumble to stand every day .trip, fall.shoot at bench a lot .use wrong crosshare a lot at bench . my memery and thinkings messed up. seen nice little 8 pt this morning had him 15 yds broadside but waitng for one i seen yesterday morning but he was a no show . iwas a pretty good hunter with bow before igot this lyme d. now its kind crazy the dumb stuff i do .but i love my hunting .i guess i,ll go walleye fishing now .wife says try not to fall out of boat.