I Need Some Opinions(atv question)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

weezy

I Need Some Opinions(atv question)

Post by weezy »

I have a honda big red 250 three wheeler that I recently bought.I use it for hunting only and have hauled 2 deer with it.The first was a decent sized doe and was easy to load on the rear rack with my buddy.The second was my buck which was big bodied and it took 3 people to load it on the back rack :shock:

My question, is there any way I can make it so I can load a big deer by MYSELF?Many times I hunt by myself and dont have help to load.

What are some of the ways you load deer on your atv with ease?
agingcrossbower

Re: I Need Some Opinions(atv question)

Post by agingcrossbower »

Could'nt you devise a platform that would attach to the hitch similiar to the ones on vechiles. Just a thought. You would'nt have to lift it so high then. Good Luck. aging :)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Put a winch cable above a high tree limb, winch the deer up and drive under the hanging deer and then lower the winch. If you dont have a winch then just rig up a gabril(sp) to load it on the rack
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Maybe you could rig up something like this on the rear or make something close.http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/atvloader.asp
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
pbearmawno

Post by pbearmawno »

Here is a link to a product I saw on WildTV. http://hookarack.com/ It uses a winch to lift the deer onto the front rack.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

one shot scott wrote:Put a winch cable above a high tree limb, winch the deer up and drive under the hanging deer and then lower the winch. If you dont have a winch then just rig up a gabril(sp) to load it on the rack
X2
The best things in life are not things!!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

My buddy ties a heavy rope around the deer's neck and then ties it to the hitch and just drags them all the way out with his honda 4 wheeler.No lifting.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Could you use one of those plastic deer sleds and just drag it?
Crispy
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Build a small boom use boat winch have it mounted on rear rack
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
weezy

Post by weezy »

vixenmaster wrote:Build a small boom use boat winch have it mounted on rear rack
I was really wanting to get this http://www.discountramps.com/atv-deer-loader.htm

BUT I dont know if it would make the 3 wheeler tip back any with a deer loaded on it?It looks like it works fine in the video but theres alot less front weight on a 3 wheeler.
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

weezy wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Build a small boom use boat winch have it mounted on rear rack
I was really wanting to get this http://www.discountramps.com/atv-deer-loader.htm

BUT I dont know if it would make the 3 wheeler tip back any with a deer loaded on it?It looks like it works fine in the video but theres alot less front weight on a 3 wheeler.
Thats the same one I posted if you go farther down the page but the link you have is a hell of alot cheaper :D . Have someone sit as far to the rear on yours and see how it handles the weight.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

Riflemanz wrote:My buddy ties a heavy rope around the deer's neck and then ties it to the hitch and just drags them all the way out with his honda 4 wheeler.No lifting.
X2...I've done it like this for years
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
weezy

Post by weezy »

vrodman wrote:
weezy wrote:

Thats the same one I posted if you go farther down the page but the link you have is a hell of alot cheaper :D . Have someone sit as far to the rear on yours and see how it handles the weight.
I might try it and see if it works.Today I stood on the very edge of the rear rack and it didnt bring the front of the 3 wheeler off the ground any and im 210 pounds which is right in the ballpark on what a buck would be.
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

I built a small box trailer similar to the ones they use with garden tractors. It's low to the ground and you can slide a deer easily into it. The last buck I shot weighed 160 pounds field dressed and I had no trouble loading it and I am 66 years young :D Built my own because they want to much money for a store bought one, :roll:
I am a hunter and proud of it.