bucks are really chasing the does

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

bucks are really chasing the does

Post by wabi »

Set in my stand at my food plot/feeder this evening in hopes I could get another doe for the freezer. Had several try to come in, but the bucks were watching for does, too. :roll:

Had 3 does come in across the small open field next to the food plot then went into the woods to circle and scent check before they came on in to the feeder (they commonly take that route). They went into the woods and a few minutes later I heard them running back the way the came in from. A decent 6 point was on their trail and he pushed them across the creek on the other side of the field. :(

Then ole snagglehorn came in the food plot and to the feeder. Glad I already tagged my buck or I would have been tempted. He isn't much in the antler dept., but he was at 15 yards and offered me several good shot angles.
ole snagglehorn.JPG
Took a few pics of him with the cell phone, but they didn't turn out very good.

Then another big mature doe started in to the food plot. :D
I had serious thought about taking her, but ole snagglehorn had other thoughts about her, and he chased her off. :roll:

Looks like the bucks have the feeder staked out.
I told the landowner he could use my stand for the next few days, hopefully he'll get a chance at one of the better bucks I've got pics of visiting it at night. I'm sure they are checking there frequently for does.
wabi
Crispy

Re: bucks are really chasing the does

Post by Crispy »

Wabi,
The bucks here in central Pa. are doing the same. The 8 pt I missed on wen. was trailing to mature does, then on Fri. I saw 3 different bucks chasing does. The last one was a spike buck "not legal in Pa." started off as just trailing her and ended up being a full run back and forth for almost 10 minutes, she wanted nothing to do with him :lol: She eventully doubled back through a field and gave him the slip. I hope the bucks are still after them on Sat.
Crispy
phil

Re: bucks are really chasing the does

Post by phil »

the bucks are really on the move here in NJ..some are pinned down with does already though!
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt