Axiom Had A Bad Day...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

Axiom Had A Bad Day...

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I guess even Crossbows have bad days. I was able to get out this morning, the first morning in a long time for me. As I climbed the Tripod stand, I noticed a lot of frost on the metal platform. I thought to myself that I needed to be careful and not slip on it.

Cocked the Axiom on the ground and attached it to my pull-up rope. Pulled it up by the sling at the rear of the stock. So when I get it up, I put the stirrup on the platform and start trying to get the snap undone. It's kinda hard with cold hands but it finally comes undone with a little force and as it does, the Axiom shoots off the platform to the ground 16 feet below! :oops:

I nearly screamed like a little girl :shock: :x

Thankfully, it only hit a few limbs on the way down (we've placed this tripond back into the limbs of two larger trees). I get down and retrieve it, checking for any damage. It stayed cocked and I couldn't tell it was damaged at all, so hooked it back up and climbed back into the tripod stand, taking extra care when unhooking my crossbow it this time.

Shortly afterwards, a Doe walks by but I decide to let her live another day and hope that a Buck is following her. None are and I end my morning hunt at 11.

Get back to the truck and start shedding clothes and gear putting them in their respective totes. Lean the Axiom up against the tire as I generally save the decocking for last.

Get everything off and my normal clothes on and get in the pickup and start backing out. Here something sliding along the truck and realize I never decocked the Axiom :shock: :shock:

I look out the window and it's lying on the ground, looking up at me, seemingly wondering what it had done to deserve such a morning! :roll:

I get out and uncock it and put it in the truck to leave. The ordeal for the Axiom is finally over!

Of course, maybe it was me who had the bad day. I had planned on putting out a new Bushnell Scouting Camera to watch a fence crossing to see if it would be worth my time putting up a stand there. I've had this camera for over a month and when I go to turn it on, I notice the batteries are dead. :x I had left the switch "On" when I had initially set it up and apparently it ran down the batteries riding under the seat of my pickup. Should be some super photo's on that camera! :cry:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
one shot scott

Re: Axiom Had A Bad Day...

Post by one shot scott »

Yep, that sucks! have you had a chance to fire the bow to see if its ok? My guess is since its from the excalibur family it okieday and good to go.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Sounds like a few morning's I've had in the woods! :lol:
Just wondering...did you shoot your bow to check zero...and was it still on ?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I haven't shot it yet. Guess I might do that tomorrow!! I'm betting that it's on, but after this morning, who knows!!!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I wil not mention this to my vortex that i'm sending you. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Last time a guy did that, he ran over his bow. Your bow was very lucky today. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Were you thinking about deer or Dear :lol:
Im Glad your bow didnt get messed up
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

sumner4991 wrote:Last time a guy did that, he ran over his bow. Your bow was very lucky today. :)
Lucky indeed! That's where I thought the story was heading as I was reading along.
Glad it didn't turn out that way.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just talking about this at work today. seems we all have issues with leaving stuff on vehicles. i now force myself to put items on the hood of my truck in front of the driverside. this way if i pull away i can see that didnt put something away.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

agingcrossbower wrote:I wil not mention this to my vortex that i'm sending you. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, the new Vixen is hiding under the workbench in the Garage...lol

Shot the bow today. It's still on, I figured it would be but you never know!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

@foofoo

That's a good idea. I may start doing that!