Cross my fingers!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TrophyBuck

Cross my fingers!!

Post by TrophyBuck »

Well tired of my old spot , not producing I did some stalking through the bush and found what looked to be a good travel route for deer and coyotes as there was 2 piles of coyote scat there. In the bush by three and 20min before last light this doe comes right into shooting range. I wait for her to turn a little as she was facing me head on while I was looking through the scope, 2 min can seem like forever while heart is beating a little quicker. She turned broadside and I gave her a shot, I did not see the hit but I defiantly heard the thump, and she bolted jumped a fence into the next property. I gave her a half hour and then it started to rain. I went to go see if I could find arrow (quick look) nothing found, went to the fence where she jumped over and found some blood but it was washing away quickly. I picked up a few more spots but lost track of blood as it was pouring now. I walked the field for about an hour and a half but my dam flashlight ran out and my head lamp was just not good enough to search through this thick stuff. This next property is all tall field, but the whatever you call that stuff it is over my head, and I am six feet tall. I will commence looking for her tomorrow at first light cross my fingers. The temp is now 7 degrees but supposed to warm up to 10 degrees by morning will she still be good? Sorry for the long post and no pics but hopefully tomorrow.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
one shot scott

Re: Cross my fingers!!

Post by one shot scott »

Man.. Its too bad you cant find the arrow. Theres so much it can tell you, like how long you should wait her out. Do you think it stayed with her? If so hopefully it it the shoulder on the other side. Did she run with a limp?

Good luck man! hope you get her. I know what its like to loose one. I would go back out at first light. Chances are shes still good.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They will stay good even in lower 40's, trouble is yer Yotes will find her & eat high on the hog friend. Reckon she went out into that field you will have to grid search unless you find the blood trail
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hope you can find her, but I'd say the 'yotes will probably find her first. :roll:
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good luck finding her.
I hope you get her before the coyotes do. :(
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Any news T.Buck? Where are you in Ontario? anyone you can call to help out?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

Well I got great news!!!!!!....I finally harvested one this year!!!!! I got to the spot where I shot her and found the arrow, it had some fat along the shaft and blood was mostly washed away. The fletching ripped but the slick trix 4 blade magnum was in perfect condition. I went to where I last saw her jump the fence and decided to do a grid search. I stayed parallel with the fence and walked about a hundred yards, I then moved about 15 feet over and started to walk back. I got to the spot where she jumped the fence and decided I better keep going so that I cover the whole field, this was not the way she took off but ya never know. Well to my surprise she had done a complete 300 degree turn and I found her no more than 25 yards from where I shot her. Wow she was a big one, and her body was still warm. I quickly got my cart and pulled her out of the neighbor’s field, not wanting to leave the guts lying there. The shot was on her leg just missing the bone, went through the rib, into the heart, out another set of ribs, and just missed her stomach. She is home loins, straps are out and when I get home tonight me and the kids will be enjoying bacon wrapped tenderloins on the charcoal grill rain or no rain. Here are some pic’s a little graphic but hey we have all seen it before. 2006 Exomag ,aluminum Easton arrows, with Slick Trix Magnum.
Where I found her.
secret

Post by secret »

Congrats!!!!Good follow-up!!!!!!WOW everyone is using carts!!!! Gotta get me one! GREAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
catcher

Post by catcher »

Good job on not giving up. congrats. :) nice size doe.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
AlabamaDave

Post by AlabamaDave »

Congrats!....Was she 140 lbs dressed,or live weight?...Either way,A bigun!
Exomax
22" Lumen-Arrow-Gold Tip
Rage 2 Blade Broadhead
Red Head Red Dot
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got her before the varmints could!
wabi
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

Thank you all she was 140lbs dressed.
maple

Post by maple »

Congrats on the retrieval. A much, much, better feeling than losing one.

Enjoy the BBQ.

Maple
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

That cart was broken in today, and what a worthwhile purchase. It folds up nicely and packs away easily, but i leave it in the bush chained up to my stand. I was hunting a different spot yesterday, and from where I got her it was a good 1000 yards back to my truck. I have draged deer before but not anymore.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Congratulations man!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-