One question...getting a Boo sting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mfh

One question...getting a Boo sting

Post by mfh »

OK - so I am getting ready to order a Boo string...shooting stock for five years on the Exomax and its times to get a Boo.

Don has been great, and I am all set on the order but am stuck on if I want to order the whiskers. I read the previous posts and all the info Dan graciously sent to me. At first I was thinking I did not want them...loosing speed and they cost a bit more. But the more I think about it, I will probably be equal in speed to what I am shooting now, but the bow will be much quieter. Dan said I can get them without and always send it back...but I am more than 50% on getting them so...I thought I would ask for a little push for the gang. Should I get them or go without?
VixChix

Re: One question...getting a Boo sting

Post by VixChix »

If you're shooting the E'Max I wouldn't worry about any loss of speed. Get 'em.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mfh

Post by mfh »

Forgot to add...should I also get a spare at the same time? I know it would be impossible getting one right before or in the season...or since his strings are soo strong with at least a few years or life, should I just keep a stock one in reserve.

Advantage of getting an identical sting at the same time I would think would be to limit drastic POI in the event I had to change mid season. With an identical spare...I would think a couple check shots and I would be off and running...wouldn't a FF or stock one drastically change the POI?
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

You can always add the whiskers later.
Don has a great video on how to install them I have had a string with them on and the noise reduction would need to be measured with a listening device I could not tell the difference.
But they would also help with vibration.
Everything you could do to quiet down your bow will still not get it low enough so a deer won't hear it.These things are noisy just something we have to live with.
The numbers of deer taken with these noisy bows is huge so I personally don't worry about the noise.
I keep a reg string as a back up.
I can't tell you to go with or without that is a choice you have to make. :D
Tenpoint Matrix
Tom

Post by Tom »

mfh wrote:Forgot to add...should I also get a spare at the same time? I know it would be impossible getting one right before or in the season...or since his strings are soo strong with at least a few years or life, should I just keep a stock one in reserve.

Advantage of getting an identical sting at the same time I would think would be to limit drastic POI in the event I had to change mid season. With an identical spare...I would think a couple check shots and I would be off and running...wouldn't a FF or stock one drastically change the POI?
I always carry a spare string, even in the field. You never know when something might happen, cut string, serving ect, so I come prepared. I would also carry the same type of string (dacron ,or Boo) , does not have to be made at the same time, but if your having wiskers, have them on both. THe point of impact would be the same with either string as long as brace height is equal.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

Get the wiskers. They do help in noise and vibration reduction. I'm going to get a couple more myself. Plus they look nice also.

09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters
roly

Post by roly »

I have two Boo strings

The first one I used till it was broken in and finished stretching
then changed to the second one which i am now using and carry the other for backup

I have whiskers on both strings. I think they help or maybe just think
they look cool
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I highly recommend the whiskers! When I got my first boo with whiskers I was amazed at the difference in sound when I shot my bow. Add an sts system of your choice and It will be even quiter! Less vibrations on shots is a good thing. its worth the minor speed loss
It will never be silent though. Get an extra one at the same time. You will regret it if you dont.

Dons a great guy to deal with!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
peter p

Post by peter p »

On an Exomax I would get the whiskers.