What the heck.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TrophyBuck

What the heck.

Post by TrophyBuck »

As some of you may have read I :D tagged, shot, arrowed, downed, killed, harvested, bagged :D a deer. Well on my way to college today I stopped at the Aurora Ministry of Natural Resources to buy another tag. The person at the counter asked me if I wanted to buy more than the one tag , as I am allowed to get 7 deer for my area. I looked at her puzzled and said if I remember correctly it says in the regs that we are not allowed to have more than 1 tag at a time and she threw a puzzled look at me and that was all. I know she is not new there as I have seen her in previous years. This is what it says in the regs:It is illegal for a person to apply for, purchase or possess more than one license tag each for moose, deer, or
black bear.

So let’s just say I did buy more than one tag and got checked while hunting, I guess I would be getting a fine :evil: .
Last edited by TrophyBuck on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
Pydpiper

Re: What the heck.

Post by Pydpiper »

You are confusing your deer tag with your deer licence.
You can only buy one licence per season, but you can possess as many tags as you can get.
Your licence is what you attaches to your hunting licence (comes with buck tag), your tag (additional) is what you attach to a deer.
She was correct.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

O.K call me stupid then :oops: lol ....thanks for clearing that up for me as I clearly I misunderstood it.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nope, not stupid, it was an honest mistake.
This year I bought two deer licences, the big no-no. Wife ordered them early season by phone, 2 days before the opening I panicked and bought my deer licence, again. A quick call fixed it right up. That, was stupid.
Good luck, if I had 7 tags I wouldn't sleep. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
peter p

Post by peter p »

These are additional deer tags and you can purchase as many as is allowed.
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

Cool I think it is best to take it one deer at a time, I always buy a second tag after harvest of the first deer, but have yet to fill 2 tags in a season.Should I say "cross my fingers" again. Plus I drive by the M.N.R. everyday.
peter p

Post by peter p »

What WMU do you bow hunt in?
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

WMU 78E but tag is good for 78 C,D and E
M&M

Post by M&M »

As some of you may have read I caught a deer. sorry I just have to laugh after you cought your deer did you kill it? or did you practice catch and release and let it go!!! Ha Ha Ha hope your not offended just poking a little fun at ya
M&M
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Usually when I tell non hunters that I went hunting the first thing they ask is did you catch one? :lol: :lol:
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I know a guy who invited me deer hunting a few years ago.I told him I did not have a doe tag he said no problem I have six tags.
As far as I know he still had six tags at the end of the season. :shock:
an expensive deer season

I buy mine one at a time. :D
Tenpoint Matrix
peter p

Post by peter p »

TrophyBuck wrote:WMU 78E but tag is good for 78 C,D and E
Me too.
roly

Post by roly »

Hazmat wrote:Usually when I tell non hunters that I went hunting the first thing they ask is did you catch one? :lol: :lol:

X2 and I always tell them no , they run way to fast :lol: :lol:
maple

Post by maple »

These days it's unusual to allow that many tags per hunter. With deer numbers down in many areas, as here, it's only one.

You can buy additional tags one at a time if you wish, but how many do they have available? Two or two hundred? Will they run out next month, or tomorow? How many deer can you handle?

You'll need an unfilled tag in order to hunt, of course, whether you harvest anything or not. Just some things to consider.

Good luck,

Maple
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

Hazmat wrote:Usually when I tell non hunters that I went hunting the first thing they ask is did you catch one? :lol: :lol:

Same here......I always correct them on that one those. Fish can be caught.....deer not so much!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS