New Exomax help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

zman

New Exomax help

Post by zman »

Hi everyone
As you know I am new to the forum and new to crossbow hunting , so I am looking for some advice.

Having trouble putting the broadheads togeather that came with the Light Stuff package.

I put it all togeather and man all I can say is awesome looking and what a good feeling Bow .

Can anyone recommend any other broad heads that shoot well , I will be buying a target over the weekend and wanted to sight it in.

Does everyone just use the other target heads that come with the arrows to sight it in or use the broad heads ?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Pydpiper

Re: New Exomax help

Post by Pydpiper »

Sighting in the field points work great, but to hunt you will want to do it again with whatever broadhead you choose. Sometimes the broadheads will hit the same spot as the field points, but not always, so it's best to try them.
Consistency is key, the field point will be consistent while sighting, then try the broadheads. Make sure that your field points are the same weight as the broadheads.
Slick Tricks are a great fixed broadhead, a lot of guys use Rage for mechanicals, your call, both work very well.

Enjoy the bow!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

If you are going to use mech sight in with field pts and then use a quality mech.I shoot spitfires...rage's are good.
If you are going to use fixed blade's I would sight in with what I'm going to use!
Good luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

As a general rule mechanical bh will shoot the same as field points of the same weight.(same poi} Fixed blades need to be tuned more or less. It's matter of personal preference. I use 125 grain spitfires and I am very happy with them. You may like fixed blades better.
I am a hunter and proud of it.