Post by OMC-MOOSE »

NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
MADMAX2

Re: Possible New World Record Bear

Post by MADMAX2 »

That is a BIG one!!
The best things in life are not things!!
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

Taken with a crossbow as well.
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

That man never should have been feeding it. It is fair wild game. The man feeding it should be ashamed. Very Sad.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I can't believe it took six shots to kill it! Bozo must have been one tough bear!

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it was a black bear in season, it's fair game if it's outside walking around. Too bad some numskull thinks it's his pet. Mr. Price should thank Mr. Lewis for helping this bad boy grow as big as he did :shock:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
secret

Post by secret »

I told you we got "HUGE" bears here!!!!!!!!!!!!
{since 1992 6 bears 800lbs or greater]
Last edited by secret on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
wabi

Post by wabi »

That's the stories that make me wonder about the tree huggers. :roll:
Anyone who would feed that bear should realize the real possibility of becoming the main course for the meal. :shock:
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's one gigantic bear!!

That fella should not have been feeding the bear and besides if he really loved it he should have given it a better name than Bozo!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i've been following the story on HPA forum in PA....how many vert bow shots can one get on a bear after the first arrow, let alone 6 more then try it with a crossbow :shock: ....i know i can get an arrow off every 15 seconds if i hurry it up, cocking, loading, aiming and so forth....how used to humans was this bear used to not to bolt away after being hit the first time....it is a very nice bear and was taken on state hunting grounds outside the community it lived in under a guys deck who was feeding it year round....a fed bear is a dead bear sooner or later before it kills someone....a very happy and sad story at the same time.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

wait til us jersey guys get our season in 2 weeks. that bear is gonna look like a puppy. :mrgreen:
TYE

Post by TYE »

OkXbowHunter wrote:I can't believe it took six shots to kill it! Bozo must have been one tough bear
My dads bear took 10 shots with a 30-30 and 3 more with a 356 Magnum to kill it....

That is one big bear though for sure!!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

bob1961 wrote:i've been following the story on HPA forum in PA....how many vert bow shots can one get on a bear after the first arrow, let alone 6 more then try it with a crossbow :shock: ....i know i can get an arrow off every 15 seconds if i hurry it up, cocking, loading, aiming and so forth....how used to humans was this bear used to not to bolt away after being hit the first time....it is a very nice bear and was taken on state hunting grounds outside the community it lived in under a guys deck who was feeding it year round....a fed bear is a dead bear sooner or later before it kills someone....a very happy and sad story at the same time.......bob

I agree with ya on that one bob1961
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have seen a number of 400 plus pond bears even one that was just over 500 pounds and they are HUGE!!!!!! I can hardly wrap my head around one that weighs over 800# :shock:

Not sure why it took so many shots to finish the job either. But having a bear that size with little or no fear of humans is not a good thing.