Well I got freaked out this morning!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TrophyBuck

Well I got freaked out this morning!

Post by TrophyBuck »

Well I woke up this morning to a not so pleasant fellow sticking out of my lower stomach. I pulled it out right away thinking it was burrowing its way inside me. When I pulled it out I could actually hear the sound, hard to describe, just like saying tic but with no voice and keeping mouth still just using your tongue. I stuck it in a container for lab testing and will be seeing a doctor very soon. The mistake I made was to pull it out the way I did (not knowing), If the tick is not removed properly you may force the infection into your skin.
Go figure I was just talking to a student Friday about these little buggers, guess I should have knocked on wood.
I never felt it as they inject somthing to freeze the area, i just saw it sticking out of me.
Here is the culprit i found in me.
Here is a pic of what I found online. It looks like I got it before it moved on to any other stage.

Well I have just got back from the doctors and confirmed that it is a deer tic. He sent me for a blood test and wrote me a prescription for Apo-doxy 100mg -Doxycycline Hyclate 1 tablet twice a day for 14 days. He said it is great that I was able to find the tic and at its early stage, most people don’t know they have been bitten and it makes it very complicated to diagnose. He put the tic in a sample jar, and when I was leaving I asked if he was sending it in for testing, no he said he was just going to keep it for himself. Well I asked for it back and was glad he gave it to me. Others have suggested on another forum that there is not much the doctor can do, but I suggest, go there, get some meds, and take precautions. The meds are meant to attack the bacteria inside your system. Blood test will take 44 business days to get done so we will see what happens.
I think I made his day as all other patients were small kids with runny noses.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
one shot scott

Re: Well I got freaked out this morning!

Post by one shot scott »

They do inocculate the area so you cant feel the bite. Ive always been lucky enough to feel them crawling before they bite. man I hate those things. The good news is if the tick has been on for less than 24 hours its not likely to spread lyme disease. (In the unlikely event that the tick is a carrier) good to get check out though!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I had one on me a few years ago hunting in the longpoint area I too got it out early.The way you described the sound was perfect.Nasty little buggers.
Tenpoint Matrix
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

I have had them also bite me out turkey hunting in the spring,look for a rash around the bite area then get the meds if you have the rash.I think you are doing the right thing by taking the meds anyway better safe than sick!!
The best things in life are not things!!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Funny you should post this. After I got done skinning and cutting up my buck from yesterday, I was washing my hands and arms off with the garden hose and had a big one stuck to my arm! :shock: WTH! He was barely stuck.

I wondered how in the world he was able to get stuck to the back of my arm, just about 8 inches up from my wrist without me knowing. Sneaky little boogers! :twisted:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

TrophyBuck wrote:Well I woke up this morning to a not so pleasant fellow sticking out of my lower stomach. I pulled it out right away thinking it was burrowing its way inside me. When I pulled it out I could actually hear the sound, hard to describe, just like saying tic but with no voice and keeping mouth still just using your tongue. I stuck it in a container for lab testing and will be seeing a doctor very soon. The mistake I made was to pull it out the way I did (not knowing), If the tick is not removed properly you may force the infection into your skin.
Go figure I was just talking to a student Friday about these little buggers, guess I should have knocked on wood.
I never felt it as they inject somthing to freeze the area, i just saw it sticking out of me.
Here is the culprit i found in me.
Here is a pic of what I found online. It looks like I got it before it moved on to any other stage.

Well I have just got back from the doctors and confirmed that it is a deer tic. He sent me for a blood test and wrote me a prescription for Apo-doxy 100mg -Doxycycline Hyclate 1 tablet twice a day for 14 days. He said it is great that I was able to find the tic and at its early stage, most people don’t know they have been bitten and it makes it very complicated to diagnose. He put the tic in a sample jar, and when I was leaving I asked if he was sending it in for testing, no he said he was just going to keep it for himself. Well I asked for it back and was glad he gave it to me. Others have suggested on another forum that there is not much the doctor can do, but I suggest, go there, get some meds, and take precautions. The meds are meant to attack the bacteria inside your system. Blood test will take 44 business days to get done so we will see what happens.
I think I made his day as all other patients were small kids with runny noses.
OMG thats nasty...it still gives me shivers thinking about ur story... :lol: ...I was wondering what would have happen if you didnt get it on time?how long would that nasty tic live in a human?OMG NASTY... :lol:
:lol:
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
old fart jim

Post by old fart jim »

OMG :shock: hope you got it in time. along with lyme disease they also carry a bactirea that causes the male reproductive organ to srivel and fall off :cry: wait till vixenmaster sees this. those of us that live in the MO Ozarks know all about them critters and just wait till you run into chiggers :shock: :shock: :shock:
time in the woods is time well spent
wabi

Post by wabi »

old fart jim wrote:OMG :shock: hope you got it in time. along with lyme disease they also carry a bactirea that causes the male reproductive organ to srivel and fall off :cry: wait till vixenmaster sees this. those of us that live in the MO Ozarks know all about them critters and just wait till you run into chiggers :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shouldn't scare him, but I guess it is better to know the possibilities. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My wifes uncle died of limes disease. He was to stupid to go to the doctor when he was feeling bad..thought he could tough it out. Everyone told him to go but he wouldnt..he turned yellow and died. I get them tick bites ocasionally. I pull them right off never had a problem.But you can bet if I start to feel sick anytime soon i will be going to the doctor fast..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!