Vendetta rangefinder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tenn. Equinox

Vendetta rangefinder

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I just talked to Leopold and they told me the Vendetta will work on crossbows and would be under full warrenty. My question is , How do I mount one to my Excalibur. On top of a Groundpounder mount ?
Tenn.

Equinox
Dereck

Re: Vendetta rangefinder

Post by Dereck »

There is a mount that replaces the top scope portion of your rings and will accept a camera,rangefinder.
I believe these were designed by a forum member and picked up by Excalibur.
Tenpoint Matrix
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Actually Dereck the rangefinder mount is independent of the existing scope mounts, it uses it's own scope mount that simply gets mounted upside down between your existing ring mounts.
Awshucks is the man behind that machine.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I knew it was something like that.
Tried to find a picture of but no luck search only came back with one that was side mounted.
Tenpoint Matrix
train234

Post by train234 »

i mounted the vendetta on my crossbow. after buying the vendetta throw away all the mounting hardware that it comes with it is only for a regular bow. i went on ebay and someone is selling a mount that goes under your scope on the scope rail and you can mount the range finder on either side of your scope. i think the bracket on ebay was $50 with shipping. the range finder works great and have not had any problems with it since i mounted mine.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

post a pic of your set-up train234! I have been considering the vandetta but have held off until Ive read about someone else mounting one!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I seen a picture of one mounted on a crossbow on crossbow nation.
I believe it was a Striker crossbow. It was mounted on the right side of the scope. I have been told that you target your range finder through your scope and then look at the R Finder for the distance.
Tenn.

Equinox
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

planter wrote:I have been thinking about a vendetta as well. Is the rangefinder lined up with the scope so you just have to look thru the scope of peep or does it operate differently. When your aiming at a target how do you orient the rangefinder?

I would love to hear more of one in use on a crossbow and see pics of it mounted. :D :)
It mounts solid on the bow, you use a laser red dot to sight it in to your crosshairs, then turn the red dot off. Now everywhere you turn the bow the rangefinder is displaying the distance to the object in the crosshairs. A very cool idea, probably easier to see when held away from the body, like on a compound.
Sure looks like it would work well!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
train234

Post by train234 »

i will post a pic of my set up when i get home. actually the way i have it set up while looking thru my scope i can hit the button and glance over and see the distance. the set up is super easy once it is mounted u turn on a laser which is hard to see when it is bright outside. i did mine in the dark. the range finder only goes to 70 yards so when to 30 yards and put the laser right on the center dot on my scope. it works great and have not had any problems with the range finder.
train234

Post by train234 »

i cannot find the bracket for sale on ebay anymore. the guy i bought the bracket from has a youtube video. his handle is TheShootin1's. his video shows the vendetta mounted to his bow and how it works for anyone interested.
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

Any more ppl know any more info? Not to much info I can find on them. Brackets for the xbows are on sale on ebay again.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I think these are a great idea. I checked ebay and bracket is being sold ($44) on there and found the Vendetta for $235 + shipping ($34 US). I'm just wondering if it will make it over the border. I bought binos for Cabela's and they wouldn't ship them to Canada. Is this the same with rangefinders?
Exocet77

Post by Exocet77 »

I had the same shipping problem buying a scope over the border. It was b/c they are nitrogen filled. I ended up buying it off of eBay though. Considering the vendetta on eBay has shipping costs for our area, I would assume they would ship. That being said, there's a possibility customs might open it and deny entry.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I am checking with the company to see if they have had any problems shipping to Canada. When I bought my binos I called customs and they said they didn't have a problem with them if they weren't night vision. I'm not sure if it was just Cabela's policy.
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

Exocet77 wrote:I had the same shipping problem buying a scope over the border. It was b/c they are nitrogen filled. I ended up buying it off of eBay though. Considering the vendetta on eBay has shipping costs for our area, I would assume they would ship. That being said, there's a possibility customs might open it and deny entry.

It was not because the scope was 'nitrogen filled'. It is because there are new stipulations regarding the classification of 'firearms parts'. You need an export licence in order to have items sent from the U.S. to Canada. In a lot of cases, it's worth doing, considering how screwed we are on optics in Canada. Prices are high because retailers know what a pain in the ass it is to bring a scope from the U.S. into Canada.

Here is what must be done inorder to obey the Import/Export laws of Canada & The U.S. for those who wish to order Rifle Scopes from the U.S.

Importing & Exporting into Canada:

The rules have changed for exporting firearms parts into Canada. We must now get export authorization for shipping both barrels and scopes to Canada. With barrels we are required to get an export license from the U.S. State Department. In the past Canada was exempt from this requirement but we now must get the license as we do with all other foreign countries. With scopes we are also required to get export authorization but it is through the Department of Commerce.

Before we are able to apply for an export license the end user (the purchaser) must get import authorization from the Canadian government. Individual purchasers may get this authorization on their own or to avoid the paperwork you may place an order through one of the importers listed below. Here are the steps to get that paperwork:

The document is an International Import Certificate issued by;

Export Controls Division (EPE), Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Export & Import Controls Bureau
P.O. Box 481, Station "A"
Ottawa ON K1N 9K6

STEPS:

1. Obtain the paperwork from above agency
2. Complete and return paperwork
3. DFAIT will issue import paperwork
4. Importer submits paperwork (originals or certified copies) to U.S. exporter