SpitFires?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Re: SpitFires?

Post by Tom »

vixenmaster wrote:BH's in general, Spitfire or any other model. How severe of an angle will you shoot a game animal ? Its not about if'en a BH can kill or enter its about yer judgement call on the shot ? Think about my statement fer a few seconds, do you as a hunter accept yer actions when you pull the trigger ? Good or bad its always yer choice to shoot! I have killed over 200 tick toters & i don't hate them as bad now as i did when i was young & foolish. I pick my shot or let it walk, its either a clear shot fer me or no shot fer me. If i screw up it ain't the Bow or ML or string or BH its ME! I take responsability fer causing the hurt on an animal. Too many ppl shoot at game they knowed they can't get a clear shot on but refuse to let that animal live to see another day & another chance to hunt it!
Very well said !!!!!!!!!!

One extra though to add to the above statement. If as a hunter you take a "risky" shot you are adding to your workload just about all the time. With that I mean, most times you do get a non perfect hit, (non perfect hits can happen no matter what, why lead in that dirrection) thus meaning you will probually have a longer tracking job, meaning a longer haul back to the truck. Remember that a hit deer usually heads to the thickest, most dense bust to get away from the attacker. And if it was a clean miss, no harm made right? ...... WRONG !!!!! All that hard work you did scoutting that animal, setting up your hunting position, keeping the scent out of there so the animal does not know that you are there (THE DANGER) ........ you just gave him an EDUCATION.

Now back to heads, if you choose a great quality head, then you will almost be asured a true flying head with an Excalibur crossbow. Use what you have confidence with and enjoy.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
CHski65

Re: SpitFires?

Post by CHski65 »

I hve used the spitfire 100 gn x-bow one (new) from my phoenix. I had a slightly quartering shot hit shoulder and blew thru downard thru both lungs a complete pass thru. I watched the buck fall frommy tree stand at 35 yards. Great blood trail. This is the first time I have useda mechanical on a cossbow. I have used NAP spitfires from my compound with great results

Chuck