Some pic's from October / November ....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Some pic's from October / November ....

Post by R.J. »

I tried to catch up on my Forum reading , but I'm definitely behind ....

Congrat's to all of the successful hunters ( in case I left someone out ? ) , Keep the pictures and stories coming !

I hate my rural internet connection !
:evil: I typed this up after work last night , downloaded all the pictures and when I went to hit submit I lost connection :evil:

Been awhile since I posted some pictures , hope this thread works .... Here are some off the camera from October / November . ( my small pocket camera )

Hey Wheelie ... I couldn't find the old thread that had the step by step pictures of the Vixen snow camo paint job , but this picture shows the basic white / brown cedar pattern .

A quick duck set up near end of October .
Mike B's young female lab did the hard work and Janus posed with some ducks on his first hunt using his new Remington 870 pump .

My Tom turkey " Gus " , struts his stuff while I'm out doing yard work .

Like many in my area we had a slow Shotgun season ... We did manage 3 does from misc farms in WMU80 ... I didn't take many pic's
One morning a foggy sunrise did catch my eye , so I snapped a picture of it ...

Big Congrat's to Doug M's daughter " Morgan " .... she bagged her first buck with an Excalibur Exomag .( she has taken four deer total with her crossbow to date ) ( has turkey , coyote ,and ducks to her credit as well ! )

She was hunting with her Dad , from a ladderstand on the edge of a cut corn field ...
Four deer came down about a half hour before last light but presented no shot , then this buck came in broadside @ 12 yards ..
Complete pass thru with a Muzzy MX4 ... approx 50 yard recovery . ( fell close to the truck as a bonus ! )

Doug said " By her reaction after the harvest , I really don't think it would of matter if he had two or twenty points ! "
A proud father moment !

Rob H. ( aka Helmut ) , is putting his Excalibur Equinox thru it's paces , and recently took this beauty buck ! ( 2nd whitetail this season , and actually his # 1 , # 2 crossbow deer , since he bought his Equinox last year )

It went down in WMU61 , he let a doe walk in and pose as a live decoy ... Then this buck stopped by with another doe in tow . Approx 25 yards shot from a tree stand , Easton 2219 with 150 grain boltcutter broadhead did the job , he said it sounded like a 2 x 4 hit the buck ... ( devisating double lung ) . The buck ran 35 yards and as Rob stated , was kind enough to fall beside a fire road for easy pick up. ! Congrat's Rob ... great looking buck !

Here are a couple other " beauty bucks " ...
( not taken with Excalibur tackle , but great looking bucks and honorable mentions none the less )

Gabe M. , took a beauty 8 point in his shotgun area ...

And Jason B. took this " Awesome Muley " during a recent rifle hunt in Alberta ! ...
( He also took a beauty Whitetail but the picture I had was kinda blurry . ) ( Gotta love those Muley / Whitetail combo hunts ! )

The only other thing that caught my eye recently was a single strand of barbwire running through a tree on my property .
( Man that had to have happened a few years ago ! )

Have fun , Hunt safe , enjoy your time in the field !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
ch312

Re: Some pic's from October / November ....

Post by ch312 »

nice pics :D

i should take a pic of a tree that is down an alley near my home. it's about 20" in diameter with a "no parking" sign totally encased in the tree. there is no sign of a post and the actual sign is set back about 3-4" into the tree!
secret

Post by secret »

Great photos!! Is that a Merriams phase turkey? I thought you had only Eastern Phases!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You think Gus would be interested in doing some decoy work in the spring? :D

As always, I enjoy the pictures with the stories. Yet another lady taking a buck! That's good to see. I hope that trend keeps going. Great bucks.

I looked for the thread on the Vixen too . . .it's disappeared.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Real nice pics. Thanks for posting them. Lotsa great animals and smiling happy hunters!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nice pic's thx fer sharing
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks all ...

sumner4991 wrote :
You think Gus would be interested in doing some decoy work in the spring?

As always, I enjoy the pictures with the stories. Yet another lady taking a buck! That's good to see. I hope that trend keeps going. Great bucks.

I looked for the thread on the Vixen too . . .it's disappeared.
You think Gus would be interested in doing some decoy work in the spring? :D
Gus does a good job around my place .... He and the hen are like pets , they come out of the pen daily for a stroll around the yard ... Last month they wandered over to the neighbors farm , and had to be walked back . ( I have good neighbors ) .

Since then I keep a pretty close eye on them ... My wife would be upset if somebody took a poke at them ! :x

As for searching old threads ... I always have a tough time with that now that we are switched over to the new forum format ?

secret wrote :
Great photos!! Is that a Merriams phase turkey? I thought you had only Eastern Phases!
I bought him at a farm auction ... not sure what kind he is ?

ch312 wrote :
i should take a pic of a tree that is down an alley near my home. it's about 20" in diameter with a "no parking" sign totally encased in the tree. there is no sign of a post and the actual sign is set back about 3-4" into the tree!
nice pics :D
That would be an interesting picture ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Nice post great photoes my favorite being the youg lady and her buck :!:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like some successful hunts and good times outdoors.
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Awsome pics!! Congrats to all the hunters.
Crispy
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Great pics RJ!! I enjoyed those.

Looking forward to some more.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Thanks RJ for the great pictures and stories; look forward to more in the future;
maple

Post by maple »

Good to hear from you RJ. Thanks for braving the hardships of country internet and sharing those photos. They are great, as usual.

It looks like you are spreading the gospel of hunting pretty thick in your neck of the woods. Taking time to hunt with frinds and family and all. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Maple