Crossbows Do Kill

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

N8tr Boy

Crossbows Do Kill

Post by N8tr Boy »

This afternoon someone was shot and killed by an individual on a street in Toronto. He was shot in the back and the shooter ran and took-off in a U-haul. He's been caught. This sure won't look good for x0bows , now they will need to be registered :( :( :(
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
evaughan

Re: Crossbows Do Kill

Post by evaughan »

Makes me think that it is probably a bad idea to sell a crossbow to a stranger over the internet. In a forum environment, a persons interest and knowledge regarding hunting and archery can probably be gauged with some confidence after they have posted a bit but Kijiji etc. probably not a good idea at all. Someone planning this type of violent act would be very reluctant to purchase from a vendor given the posibility of the cops pinning down the sale. The anonymity of a private, undocumented sale without meeting would seem optimal for this type of criminal. Just sayin....
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/ ... ow548.html

A trajedy for sure. There have been a lot of gang/drug related murders in Toronto this year, but in circumstances like this recent one you can't help but wonder "why" and "what happened"?

The usual calls for tougher rules are coming up in the reader comments.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
wabi

Post by wabi »

Only in a politician's mind will the crossbow be held responsible for the crime. :roll:
I'm sure some politician will call for a ban on crossbows to prevent crime.
Maybe someday they will come to realize swift and severe punishment to the person that committed a crime is the best deterrent.
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Crossbows. Then they will ban knifes, then Baseball Bats, then rope and so on and so on. We will all end up living like we are in jail, just like the criminals!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Any killer is a moron to begin with, but it takes a special kind of moron to use a crossbow. One shot, you cant conceal it.....what makes this the ideal killing machine in his mind I wonder?? :roll:

More people are killed with forks than are killed with crossbows.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TPM

Post by TPM »

That brings the total number of people murdered by crossbows this year in Canada to "1". I'm sure some Liberal politician will see a trend in that and call for stiffer laws. :roll:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

TPM wrote:That brings the total number of people murdered by crossbows this year in Canada to "1". I'm sure some Liberal politician will see a trend in that and call for stiffer laws. :roll:
And the total number EVER to 2. Incident in Quebec a few years back left one dead as well.

I do agree with the statement regarding selling a crossbow, or anything that can be used as a weapon, via the Internet, however, especially when I was ripped off this past Summer, on this forum, by a low-life from Calgary. I stressed to the police at that point that I had serious doubts regarding the scumbag's actual intentions with the crossbow since they performed a criminal act when acquiring it. Thanks to that person, I do all my deals face-to-face now or I have the money in hand via Money Order or Cashier's Cheque. Sure tightens up the marketplace, but, I'm not getting burned again, especially by someone who may take that crossbow and hurt someone.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

TPM wrote:That brings the total number of people murdered by crossbows this year in Canada to "1". I'm sure some Liberal politician will see a trend in that and call for stiffer laws. :roll:
And here I thought we had the market cornered on fool politicians. Our departing governor is bragging he's leaving a 260 million surplus while Minnesota faces a 6 billion shortfall over the next two years. The surplus consists entirely of stimulus money, which he not only opposed but tried to return. He actually has designs on running for president. Oh well......
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

This happened two blocks from my house at our local library. The same library my 5 year old daughter atended the day before. Strage, bizarre and very close to home. We are hearing now that it was a son v father. You can bet crossbows wil not be allowed in the local public range now.

F
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

It's unfortunate that events like this are always used to try and further restrict the freedoms of law abiding people. But the fact is x-bows, guns, knives, hammers, etc., etc. are only inanimate tools. They don't do any thing on their own. People kill people....period. Restricting the use of various tools will not stop a criminal and never will.
DEO VINDICE
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

They're now saying it wasn't a regular crossbow but one of the smaller ones which could be fired one-handed. :roll:

I'm waiting for some reporter to use the phrase "high-powered crossbow" now. Ugh.

(It really irks me every time I hear or read a report on a crime involving a "high-powered rifle"... I mean, what exactly would they call a "low-powered rifle"?!??!? A pellet gun?) :roll:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
TYE

Post by TYE »

wheelie wrote:Crossbows. Then they will ban knifes, then Baseball Bats, then rope and so on and so on. We will all end up living like we are in jail, just like the criminals!
It's scary to think you could be right...
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

yea pretty soon we will have to have a background check to buy a shovel.