Bow Mounted Range Finder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WTB

Bow Mounted Range Finder

Post by WTB »

First I would like to know members veiw on a bow mounted range finder.

I know X-Cal make a mount either vert. or hor.

I wear glasses so eye relief is a concern.

I would want one with Angle Compensation like the Nikon 550.

I would also want one that I can remove and use in the feild/rifle app

Does any one use one? What kind? What mount Position?

Also I was in Gander Mountain last night Teaxs looking at range finders and the fellow said that Texas state law states that is illegal to hunt big game with a laser range finder "permently mounted to your bow" Hogs are ok. I can understand a "laser Sight" but a range finder??

I have to think that it was a mis-print and "after the fact" Texas Officals could see away for another income on a huge fine.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks for any and all Advice

Bill
Pydpiper

Re: Bow Mounted Range Finder

Post by Pydpiper »

I use one and love it!

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dustycraven

Post by dustycraven »

Sweet! Could I mount a 100 000 000 candle power light on top of that? And then a thermo-imagaing system on top of that? And then a .338 lapua on top of that? and then a laser targert designator for a 2000lb JDAM on top of that? lol jj :lol:
very handy piece of kit though. would save you that last minute movement to get the final "click" on the animal. like the remote button on the side!
WTB

Post by WTB »

Pydpiper wrote:I use one and love it!

Which Range finder do you use? Mounted far, up eye relief??

How much weight?

Is That an Excaliber mount?

Anybody use the Leupold Vedetta??

Great looking set up!

Any thing that a shooter can do to make the shot the most accurate as possible the better.!!
Bucky205

tch a lot of

Post by Bucky205 »

If you are shooting with a varizone. You can use that to a degree as a range finder. If you lay the crosshairs along the deers back, how far down the bottom of his chest is will give you a pretty close range. Try it on a full size deer target.

Lasers are tough in the woods to range a live animal. To many small twigs and brances everywhere. I have a laser and once in my tree I range somthing obviuos at about 30 yards in every direction. If the deer is twice that far it is 60, little less is 20 a little more is 40, so on and so forth. You won't have time on an animal to range it.