Thanks to Everyone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Thanks to Everyone

Post by Dash »

Hi everyone.
I've been watching this site over the last 4 months, and just want to say thanks to all the information you have all contributed to this forum. Just reading all your old posts has answered every problem I've run into so far.
If it wasn't for this forum I'd still be stuffing around with loose serving, wrong brace height, no arrow FOC, and wasting money on a variety of crap quality Broadheads etc.
I respect that everyones personal opinion can differ on certain subjects. But hearing from other peoples good and bad experiences has got the point where I have a setup that works and feel I can rely on now.
The fact I haven't had any problems at all with my setup lately, and more consistent accuracy, is due to a lot of good people sharing thier experience and skills. Its much appreciated. Also thanks to excalibur, for this fine looking kick ass Equinox.
Cheers,
Dash
one shot scott

Re: Thanks to Everyone

Post by one shot scott »

Welome to the forum Dash.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dash

Post by Dash »

Thanks mate.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!
And congratulations on being wise enough to do a little (or perhaps a lot of) research on the little tips & tricks to get the best performance from your Excalibur.
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Welcome to the forum Dash!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Welcome dash nice to have you aboard.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
secret

Post by secret »

Welcome Dash!!!!! What do you hunt down under?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Dash

Post by Dash »

Thanks a lot guys,
Since I've had the equinox, I've only shot rabbits on properties nearbye.
Not much, but its been good practice for me.
Unfortunately we only have some deer in the east of OZ (NSW).
Legally ..... people can hunt feral pig, goats,water buffalo, camels, foxes, cats, and rabbits, but only on privately owned land. The government have thier own shooting and baiting programs in the Bush, So its quite restricted.
Although its technically illegal to shoot Roos (or any native animal), in reality its probably the most common thing to hunt . Many people who live in the country towns and properties take thier own Roo meat regularly. They breed like rabbits, and government is constantly trying to maintain populations by culling back the numbers every year to a sustainable level anyway.
Personally, I'm looking forward to taking some feral goats. They can be pretty tasty, and in WA the goat populations are out of control in the bush.
I used to do some rifle shooting when I was younger, but I'm enjoying the Excalibur a lot more !
Missin

Post by Missin »

Couple of pregnant nannies from the cam today. Maybe theres some big billies in those bellies! :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dash

Post by Dash »

Hi Missin,
I'm gonna have to get one of those game cams. Nice shot.
A couple of Bush trips ago I come across these two hairy bucks smashing heads. Even after we pulled the 4x4 up in front of them on the track, they Kept at it for another 2 minutes without stopping. Breeding rights hey :wink: Unfortunately I had the Gold detector in the back instead of the excalibur !
Any other animal would be dead after the smashing they gave each other.
Bush Goats.jpg
Bush Goat 2.jpg
Missin

Post by Missin »

Damn that brown one looks alright! I would post a pic of the best billy i have on cam but its a but shot from quite a distance. Maybe the same size as the black one in front. Its a blast watching them fight.

Trail cams are good, but addictive.