O/T What do you do for fun?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mtbyak

Re: O/T What do you do for fun?

Post by mtbyak »

I like XC skiing, snowshoeing in the winter & do a lot of bicycle riding in the summer.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

I play hockey (of course.....I'm Canadian!) and used to jog as well.....trying to get going at that again.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by NewGuy »

I've gotten back into this in the last year :)

I started out and this was cheap, now? Wow, hope the wife never realizes how much :)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
weezy

Post by weezy »

Wow,that thing is big.^

I dont really do anything other than hunt/fish.As soon as I tag out or the hunting seasons over I start getting ready for next year :wink:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I thought you said you were into MODEL airplanes Chris! THAT THINGS HUGE!!. V8 powered?

Im an automotive tech and love car restoration. I have done vw's for years( dunebuggies,karmann ghia's, beetles of course) then i got tired of making them look good but going slow so switched to Chevrolet muscle cars (2 69's & 1 '73 camaro, 1966 chevelle SS396, my current avatar: a 1968 chev short and wide 4x4). since having a family of 4 kids money has run out for projects, but the kids take all the spare time and are a more enjoyable time filler.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Yep, since I discovered hunting it is all I do, there is always something in season.
Our whole family loves it, kids take turns coming with me or the wife. We do a lot of camping, winter and summer, but bring lots of guns, so I consider that hunting too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

NewGuy wrote:I've gotten back into this in the last year :)
I started out and this was cheap, now? Wow, hope the wife never realizes how much :)
Wow! Very impressive!
Hey, I have some duct tape, a small cat, a parachute and a really cool idea..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
RDPress

Post by RDPress »

When I'm not firing projectiles at game animals in season, I'm usually firing them at paper and metal targets with a handheld device. :wink: Getting back into pistol shooting after quite an absense and hope to get competitive again in the near future. My wife rolls her eyes...there goes more gas money, entry fees and time spent reloading. :mrgreen:

Outside of 'the shooting sports', I jog and I'm lucky to have an indoor track close by for the Winter. I spend some time doing my own writing, outside of contract gigs through work and I even have the odd studio session providing back-up vocals to a few local artists. Yes...I sing. Make fun if you will...but it came in real handy in high school and university with the ladies. :wink:
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

one shot scott wrote:I thought you said you were into MODEL airplanes Chris! THAT THINGS HUGE!!. V8 powered?

No kidding look at the hanger he had to build for it!!!! :mrgreen:

I don't have time for fun with two children playing hockey one playing rep, :wink: really though watching them play is a lot of fun for me(most of the time) :D
Last edited by bigsy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

At age 50, I play hockey with a bunch of kids! Kids in there twenties and early thirties. Most are pretty good hockey players. I am "Gramps" on the team. Good thing I don't have to skate with them, only have to stop the puck! :) :) Maybe the Maple Leafs want me! For five hundred thousand a year I would spend every game on the bench doing a headstand if they want me to! :D :D
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

NewGuy wrote:I've gotten back into this in the last year :)

Hey what did you do to your garage?
Tenpoint Matrix
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Weighing out and sorting bullets . Fireforming more brass . For my summer toys . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Winter time is as busy as the warmer months. I like to hit the lake to ice fish for perch and the river for walleye when they run. Love the peace and quiet of the frozen lake.
Also do so welding/ fabricating in my shop as well as a bit of resto work on older cars or antique tractors.

Have also taken up a up wood butchering .

And if there is any spare time I do a bit of quality control work , taste testing Gibsons finest or the odd bottle of Molson's Canadian.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Snowshoeing, cross country skiing ,ice fishing & winter camping.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Summer fun is fishing and camping.
Winter fun is hunting, tweaking outdoor equipment, and fly tying (in my man-cave).
wabi