Hawke crossbow scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Archer Ontario

Hawke crossbow scopes

Post by Archer Ontario »

has anyone here tried these
and how do they compare to the lumizone and varizone
i was told by a friend to check these out.
foofoo

Re: Hawke crossbow scopes

Post by foofoo »

i like the excaliburs better. the reticle lines are way too fine on the hawkes especially at the critical minutes of dawn and dusk. the only thing is they are smaller in size but the varizone is a perfect fit for the size of the excalibur crossbows.
Dash

Re: Hawke crossbow scopes

Post by Dash »

I really liked the Lumizone, with its large recticles and fine crosshair.
But for hunting on the move, it can be a bit awkward and bulky. If your just sitting behind a blind or on a treestand, the bulky size should not be a problem for 1 or 2 shots. But for me, the size of the scope forces me to hold the equinox in a not so natural position and head pulled back a bit, causing more strain on the back.
The crosshairs on the MAP are thicker than the lumizone (I personally like thinner, but its all personal), and they don't have the speed adjusment. But.... the scope is short allowing me to hold the equinox closer into the body, when aiming lowering the strain on the back. I also like the MAP Rectile pattern more than the Excals, allowing good distance judgement. They seem to catch light well, and come in a a realtree camo that matches the equinox. Although they have no speed adjustment, the BRC software is very helpful in setting up where your POI should be.
Hawke now have a newer model with speed adjustment. Its supposedly top quality, but Its also longer, so for me that was a big advantage lost.
Everyone will have thier own personal opinion, so it comes down to what your using it for, to what features you will hold most important to you.
Equinox with Hawke.jpg