gerald strine

Re: Double Capretto

Post by gerald strine »

Congrats way to fill the freezer.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Tired Rooster wrote:Thanks for showing these. Good job on your kill. What kind of critters do you usually hunt down under? What is legal whats not? I'm really curious. Thanks again for showing!
ditto! What a joy to read about the hunt halfway around the world. I grabbed my (spottie). Had to think about that one for a moment. (spotlight) Da!! :roll:
Sometimes me slow. :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing Missin. Great Hunt. Aging
Missin

Post by Missin »

Tired Rooster wrote:Thanks for showing these. Good job on your kill. What kind of critters do you usually hunt down under? What is legal whats not? I'm really curious. Thanks again for showing!
Goats are what i mainly hunt. Down my way theres goats, pigs, foxes and rabbits and the once in a lifetime deer. Head north and you can hunt all that plus the big game. Camels, donkeys, scrub bulls and brumbys. Feral dogs and cats are free game aswell.

Basically if its feral then you can hunt it.
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

Sorry for the many questions.......but I'm very curious. What type of licensing are you required to have for hunting and are there many of you Aussies that hunt. I know that Australia is a beautiful place with a very colorful history, but have heard that over the past decade or more you fellas have been smothered with restrictions. By the way, I've had goat before..........really good eatin.
DEO VINDICE
Missin

Post by Missin »

No licenses over here. You can only legally hunt on private propety. But as you know there is a hell of alot of land in Aus and alot is public land.

Over on the east coast things are abit different though. You can hunt private property with no licenses or anything but i think you can also "legally" hunt public land after doing some course and paying the fee.

Its not really restrictions we are smothered with its more the greenies making problems as usual or not actually having decent laws about hunting.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Nice one missin :!: They should be nice and tender at that size.
It's good you didn't have to walk the scrub in the heat with them coming to you like that. We had a 39 celcius in november already this year,and thats before summers started ! I reckon it'll be up around the 40 again by christmas.
Fill the freezer now :!: :!: :!:
Missin

Post by Missin »

Thanks dash.

It will be a nice xmas if the weather stays like this, not holding my breath though :lol:

Im heading up on monday or tuesday for some trophy billies, seen this morning though that there is a big storm passing over though :!: :?: