Double Capretto

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Missin

Double Capretto

Post by Missin »

This thread does have some bloody pics, but i like these forums becuase you guys dont mind. If i put this on the aussie one it would be down within minutes and i would be flooded with abuse!

Anyway a thought i would go for a hunt this morning. Set the alarm for 3am but just couldnt be assed getting out of bed. After doing some things i finally got out to my spot at 1.30pm. I was after some nice meat goats or a billy to beat me personal best, which isnt much.

I put on my gear, cocked the bow and went to head off. I took and step from the car and seen something just come around the corner. I thought it was a roo at first but then a realized it was 2 nannies and 2 twin baby goats as they came closer. The leading nanny came to about 40m and looked at the car and straight past me. She didnt seem to worried about it so kept coming towards me. I was watching the 2 babies thinking how tasty one would be.

The nanny got to about 15 and the kid to 20 or so metres. I decided then to put a slick trick through it. I watched it run down the hill. The nanny was of like a rocket. I then stood there for abit listning to the comotion when out comes another kid calling for his mum and coming right at me. I thought i musted have missed the first one so decided to shoot again. Abit of buck fever got to me and i put the arrow under his legs at about 15 metres. He started to walk of so i quickly sent another arrow flying and he screamed and took off.

Turns out they were 2 twins :? They sure confused me at the time.

Im not sure which on was which but i found the first one with a clean double lung hit at probably 30metres from where i shot and then followed the blood trail of the second one and found him laying on a trail maybe 50 or 60metres from the shot. The second one wasnt out yet so i quickly put another arrow through which got both lungs.

The double lung shot one will be a nice addition to xmas lunch. The second one the first arrow hit the front shoulder, one lung, through the guts and exited smashed the back leg. That one has gone to dog meat and some bait for the trail cam to try and get some pics of a pesky fox next door.

Usually i have to bust my ass in this spot for hours chasing goats. This was just extreme luck! :D

Heres the pics, quite crappy as i was by myself.

GaryM

Re: Double Capretto

Post by GaryM »

Congrats on the good shooting. No abuse from this end...but I want to try some of that goat meat! :wink: I've never ate goat but it must be good as it is popular the world over. Gary
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good shooting!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Missin

Post by Missin »

Put the trail cam over the road at 730pm tonight with the second goat carcass and skin and head from the first. I went outside and watched the flash go of at least 10 times at 9pm!

Like a kid on christmas eve now, cant wait to go and see the pics on it in the morning. Or maybe i should grab the spottie and go nail that damn fox now :?:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Good shooting, but we do like respectful pictures also. But you know what other forums call respectful so I say no more.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer goats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Nice shooting mate!! I just love your Toyota Land Cruiser. Nice. :D :D Is it true if the goats hair touches the meat it will spoil "ruin" go bad?
Last edited by EQUINOXHNTERVA on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Congrats to you!!
Sounds like an exciting action filled hunt!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Missin

Post by Missin »

EQUINOXHNTERVA wrote:Nice shooting mate!! I just love your Toyota Land Cruiser. Nice. :D :D Is it true if the goats hair touches the meat it will spoil "ruin" go bad?
Yeh i love me old girl!

Ive never heard that about the hair before. It does get all over the meat however i just wash it off. I could only see it going bad if your your butchering a billy goat and hair got on it, they pee all over themselves. But if you were butchering a billy goat then it was bad before you started and theres something more wrong with you for eating it :shock:

I did make another post about graphic pictures but it never showed up so i will say it again quickly. It was a 35 degree day which is what a 90 degrees F for you guys? For the sake of a picture i am not going to 1: use my water to clean up some blood of a DEAD animal for the sake of a picture 2: Waste time cleaning it up in the heat when i should be gutting and hanging it 3: Am not one for "covering up" our sport incase a tree hugger stubles across the pics.

:D
Last edited by Missin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Missin

Post by Missin »

Double post.
maple

Post by maple »

Congrats on your good luck Missin. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Love seeing pics of different meat-critters from different places. Are we talkin' BBQ goat, or stew, or on a spit?

Maple
Missin

Post by Missin »

Maple, this one if the family is keen will be sloe baked in the oven whole for an xmas addition. Or i might BBQ it whole. Cant wait!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Double Capretto, and it's not even Easter. I suppose one can eat capretto or angnello during Christmas too. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Tired Rooster

Post by Tired Rooster »

Thanks for showing these. Good job on your kill. What kind of critters do you usually hunt down under? What is legal whats not? I'm really curious. Thanks again for showing!
DEO VINDICE
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

congrats on the goats, missin!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-